Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Preapproval question concerning CSP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Preapproval question concerning CSP

What are chances of being approved for the CSP if I don't have any cards with a $5000 limit ?

The only cards that I have are Lowes $3500 and CU Mastercard $500.

I am pre-approved for Chase FU, and CSP. Both with single apr's from the Chase site.

I have read that you must already have a $5000 limit on a current card to qualify for the CSP, is this a fact ?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Preapproval question concerning CSP

I was approved for my fairmont card at $9,000 with the next highest card being $5,700 so I don't think they have any problems issuing higher than your current crop of lenders. As with anyhthing credit though, ymmv and as others on here will point out Chase can be very generous to newcomers.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not really worried about any other Chase card to be honest.
I am only specifically concerned about the Chase Sapphire Preferred at this point.

The minimum starting limit is $5000.
I believe that they have a prerequisite that an applicant must have a preexisting credit card account with at least a $5000 limit to qualify you for this card.
I have read this on the forums !

Would anyone know about this requirement ?
Message 3 of 19
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What are chances of being approved for the CSP if I don't have any cards with a $5000 limit ?

The only cards that I have are Lowes $3500 and CU Mastercard $500.

I am pre-approved for Chase FU, and CSP. Both with single apr's from the Chase site.

I have read that you must already have a $5000 limit on a current card to qualify for the CSP, is this a fact ?

Do not know if the 5k limit rule still applies, but Chase pre qual is very solid, It was for me. My highest cl was 3k when I applied for the freedom, and i was approved with visa siggy and 8k sl. hope this helps

Message 4 of 19
Maxi11510
Contributor

Hi Bluefooted,

Check my post earlier this week under approvals titled second Chase card approved. I have a Chase Freedom Unlimited and my credit limit was $2800. I had an offer for the CSR and went for it and I was approved with a statrting cl of $5000 the minimum. I did not have any other cards with Chase with a $5000 or higher cl. As far as the requirements are for Chase I do not know. However I was approved for the CSR  without having any other cards with them with the $5000 limit or better. Wishing you the best of luck and keep us posted On your outcome,  we'd be interested in knowing. 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the CSP and my highest limit was 1,000 but not yet reporting. So technically my highest was 500. I noticed a prequalified offer in the Chase Credit Journey, and went ahead and took the chance. I was shocked!
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have two of the cards that I really want

CSP and BCE.

Thank you for telling me your info, I really appreciate your great news.

I was def worried about the $ 5000 for sure.

I def want the Freedom as well as soon as I meet the minimum spend on my soon to be CSP   Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

so did you go for it? good news?

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yrt.

I won't app until either Sunday or Monday.
Waiting for my Lowes to post 0% util
on my reports.
Then I'm going for it.
Message 9 of 19
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

May be to late now but did you consider requesting a CLI on your Lowes card...thats a SP CLI...

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.