Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Situation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Situation

Hey everyone, hope everyone is enjoying their holidays. I have a rather unique situation with Chase. I’ll give you the details so you can understand the full picture.

- Around 2011/2012, Chase decided to close my personal/business accounts out of no where. No reason given, just closed. I suspect it had to do with my wires going back and forth between other countries. I closed this company back in 2015.

- Recently I was given the privilege of obtaining a Chase Ink Business card for my other LLC & Amazon Prime VISA for my personal use.

Everything is fine with Chase, but since I’m below 5/24, I’d figure I would apply to Chase Sapphire. I applied and got the 7-10 day response. Upon calling the recon number, they told me my application might take 1-2 weeks. 24 hours later I get a message in the Chase Mobile app that my request cant be completed due to a previous closed deposit/credit card account.

The compliance offer said it’s weird that this even shows up because I was allowed to open cards on the business and personal side.

Should I review this with the executive office?

Please advise and have a Happy New Year!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Situation

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey everyone, hope everyone is enjoying their holidays. I have a rather unique situation with Chase. I’ll give you the details so you can understand the full picture.

- Around 2011/2012, Chase decided to close my personal/business accounts out of no where. No reason given, just closed. I suspect it had to do with my wires going back and forth between other countries. I closed this company back in 2015.

- Recently I was given the privilege of obtaining a Chase Ink Business card for my other LLC & Amazon Prime VISA for my personal use.

Everything is fine with Chase, but since I’m below 5/24, I’d figure I would apply to Chase Sapphire. I applied and got the 7-10 day response. Upon calling the recon number, they told me my application might take 1-2 weeks. 24 hours later I get a message in the Chase Mobile app that my request cant be completed due to a previous closed deposit/credit card account.

The compliance offer said it’s weird that this even shows up because I was allowed to open cards on the business and personal side.

Decision is ultimately yours, but if you press Chase for consistent behavior they might say fine and close your existing accounts.  Maybe they would have anyway. I see little upside in more Chase eyes on your account.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Decision is ultimately yours, but if you press Chase for consistent behavior they might say fine and close your existing accounts.  Maybe they would have anyway. I see little upside in more Chase eyes on your account.

Agree with this. 

Be happy with what you have and don't poke the bear any more than you already have. 

Message 3 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I were in your shoes, I wouldnt even THINK of poking that big bear; but of course, the decision is yours. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.