Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase pre-approvals, green check marks, 10,000 points for referrals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase pre-approvals, green check marks, 10,000 points for referrals

I have the Chase Amazon Visa.  It's the only Chase card that I have, and I don't have a Chase bank account.  I logged in yesterday and saw the coveted green check mark on "Your Offers."  Excited, I followed the link.  Here's what they "offered" me:

Chase's Stupidity with Chase Sapphire Preferred.JPG

That's right!  Even though I don't HAVE the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, their "offer" is 10,000 points for every OTHER person I refer to them that GETS the card!!! 

Which, of course, is meaningless, since I don't have any of the Chase Trio (Freedom Unlimited, Freedom, Sapphires) so that I can get Chase Ultimate Rewards points.  Or am I reading this wrong?  Are they saying they will give me 10,000 *Amazon* points per person who gets the Chase Sapphire Preferred card?  This is still kinda crappy; it's basically saying "we will give you $100 if you lead us to people who have much better credit and higher income than you do, you poor schmuck."

Notice there is no green check mark on the credit card area.  I immediately went to the Chase preapproval inquiry site and filled in my info...they said I have NO pre-approved offers.

So here are my questions:

(1)  Has anyone else had this happen to them?

(2) What might this mean for me, if I went into the branch and asked if I had any pre-approvals?  Can you even DO this if you don't have a Chase bank account of any kind?

(3) Any advice or ideas here?

BTW I'm WAY over 5/24.  TU FICO 8 753, Experian 770, Equifax 738.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase pre-approvals, green check marks, 10,000 points for referrals

I have the Chase SWRR card.  My "offers" has shown up to 50,000 bonus points for friends approved for the SWRR.  After your post, and my curiosity, I logged in to check and I now have the same reward for friends who get the Saphire Preferred AND for SWRR.

i am also over 5/24 and have no accounts with them other than the card I mentioned.  

I'm guessing it's a glitch.  

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have the same offers page and my only card with them is the Amazon Visa Signature card, too. Though, they emailed me like last week to apply for the Freedom Unlimited. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.