Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi App Question

tag
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

Citi App Question

Citi App question,

I have pretty much been in the garden during this pandemic since last March when I did a car loan, and the last two new cards I added was back in Nov 2019.  I did however acquire a few CLI one of which was on Citi DC this month…. Soft pull From $6K to $7,500…. This was the first time I even asked since it’s opening in July 2019.  I am waiting til July /August to apply with Chase when my 2019 app spree ( (Jan- July) go past 24 months…. And get me under 5/ or actually 3/24…to possibly get me in with Chase. but... I can do 1 more card some time before….and still be 4/24 in August.

All Fico 8 scores are in the high 750’s- 760’s, with only about 1% utilization. The only app & new account was added March 2020 for a car loan with the credit pull on Experian. (they actually pulled twice 1@ the dealer & 1 from ToyotaMC on the same day)

My question is, I was thinking of applying for another Citi card (the Diamond Preferred), shortly and app for the Chase card in August to spread out the additions….. should I wait longer to app with Citi since I just received a CLI on my Citi DC this month?  Should I wait till April when credit hits for last March auto loan drop off of Experian?  Would that make a difference?

Any thoughts or suggestions from the experts out there?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi App Question

@FishingGuy wrote:

Citi App question,

I have pretty much been in the garden during this pandemic since last March when I did a car loan, and the last two new cards I added was back in Nov 2019.  I did however acquire a few CLI one of which was on Citi DC this month…. Soft pull From $6K to $7,500…. This was the first time I even asked since it’s opening in July 2019.  I am waiting til July /August to apply with Chase when my 2019 app spree ( (Jan- July) go past 24 months…. And get me under 5/ or actually 3/24…to possibly get me in with Chase. but... I can do 1 more card some time before….and still be 4/24 in August.

All Fico 8 scores are in the high 750’s- 760’s, with only about 1% utilization. The only app & new account was added March 2020 for a car loan with the credit pull on Experian. (they actually pulled twice 1@ the dealer & 1 from ToyotaMC on the same day)

My question is, I was thinking of applying for another Citi card (the Diamond Preferred), shortly and app for the Chase card in August to spread out the additions….. should I wait longer to app with Citi since I just received a CLI on my Citi DC this month?  Should I wait till April when credit hits for last March auto loan drop off of Experian?  Would that make a difference?

Any thoughts or suggestions from the experts out there?

It was only a $1500 increase. If that has caused you to to reach maximum exposure with a lender, that would mean DP would have only been approved for $1500.00.

Your CLI shouldn't interfere with your application, but credit seeking might.

If you are planning multiple apps in short period of time, go for the one you need to most first.

Don't fall for "lender so'n'so is not sensitive to new accounts"  since every lender can be, depending on a profile. 

I might encounter a wall after two apps, while others may never see it 

In my opinion, your CLI won't play a role on your app for CDP, but CDP (and any other new revolving account) might interfere with Chase approval even if you are under 5/24. Being under is just a handshake it's not a deal sealer (but it is a deal-breaker). 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.