Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi CLI question?

I have 3 Citi cards- Costco $14,000, DC $18,000, and Premier $13,000. I've had the cards between 2-3 years. Getting soft pull CLI's every 6 months like clockwork. Time came for Premier 6 mo. CLI, soft pull wording showing. When I apply for the CLI, I am sent to a page saying I have reached my soft pull limit and a HP is needed to consider a CLI. Scores are EQ 763- 6 Inq. last year, EX 768 - ? Inq. last year, TU 795- 1 Inq. last year. Util. at about 3%, carrying some home renovations on a 0% card. I have plenty of credit but I like the Premier Card and use it alot. I like a few cards to travel with with high limits incase I want to let a balance report.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did you take the HP? What was your result?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Berk
Established Contributor

Re: Citi CLI question?

I reached my internal soft pull limit with Citi years ago. I've taken the hard pull twice for increases and I asked for 10K on both. Got it on my Premier and was countered on my Best Buy. I'm comfortable where I'm at now on both.

Message 2 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

One thing I wonder about. If, after being told you've reached their SP CLI limit, you were to decrease the limit on one of your cards, would that remove the impediment?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

After reading this post I actually logged into my Citi account and hit the button on my Simplicity, Diamond Preferred, AAdvantage, Premier, and Double Cash.  Given $1k  each on all of them via SP.  I may be reaching my limit with Citi as well as my lines range between $7.3k (lowest) on Double Cash and $19.9k on my AAdvantage.  I also have the Citi Best Buy Visa with a $10k limit but not taking another HP for that card as $10k is plenty even if I want to take advantage of their long term financing.  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

After reading this post I actually logged into my Citi account and hit the button on my Simplicity, Diamond Preferred, AAdvantage, Premier, and Double Cash.  Given $1k  each on all of them via SP.  I may be reaching my limit with Citi as well as my lines range between $7.3k (lowest) on Double Cash and $19.9k on my AAdvantage.  I also have the Citi Best Buy Visa with a $10k limit but not taking another HP for that card as $10k is plenty even if I want to take advantage of their long term financing.  

Your post reminded me that my Bloomingdale's card ($18,000) is also a Citi card. I have not taken the hard pull on the Premier card. I don't want to poke the bear. But I would like the cli. Nervous...

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't poke the bear OP unless your overall profile, inclusive of income sources, supports it. If you wish to proceed via HP that's your choice of course.

Personally, unless you are using a great percentage of your Citi CLs on a consistent basis and/or if you are a high income earner, then that could be something to consider. Otherwise, it appears that you may have reached an internal threshold with your overall Citi unsecured exposure to warrant further SP CLIs.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.