Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Credit Card

I have two accounts with Citi and both are new...under three months. I recently checked online and I saw that there was an alert on my account that a new card was being sent to me. So I called to see why. I was told that my account was recently upgraded from World Advantage Mastercard to World Elite Mastercard. OK?! But why? Is there a credit limit increase with that? No just some new features, blah, blah, blah...

Funny thing is that I recently applied for another Citi card, simplicity and was declined for "you have submitted multiple application for credit". That's it. nothing about too many inquires, credit score.  That's a strange reason right? I though you can have as many Citi cards as you want.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Credit Card

It's simply an upgrade, they have been doing this with cards like the DC lately. More than likely there will be no CLI, just added benefits you probably won't use. It's just a way to get higher swipe fees.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I won't say it'd an upgrade but it does 0% Intro APR for 21 months compare to the Citi advantage. The DC have similar APR but my limit on that card is too low for what I'm trying to do. I called to recon line to get an explaination for the decline but was told that because my two other cards was so new they didn'y even pulled a credit report they simple decline it because my applicationsa was within a month of my last card. I didn't know this was a policy for Citi.

Message 3 of 6
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I won't say it'd an upgrade but it does 0% Intro APR for 21 months compare to the Citi advantage. The DC have similar APR but my limit on that card is too low for what I'm trying to do. I called to recon line to get an explaination for the decline but was told that because my two other cards was so new they didn'y even pulled a credit report they simple decline it because my applicationsa was within a month of my last card. I didn't know this was a policy for Citi.

I was referring to the WEMC being an upgrade over the WMC. As far as your application decline, I have never seen that particular reason for decline, but it just appears your too new and they'd like a little history for future approvals. I'd give it at least six months between apps in the future. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card that is being upgraded is the AA card.  Citi upgrades everyone of those cards to a WEMC

Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
It's simply an upgrade, they have been doing this with cards like the DC lately. More than likely there will be no CLI, just added benefits you probably won't use. It's just a way to get higher swipe fees.

So DC is one of the cards they've been upgrading?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.