Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC App Under Review

tag
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Citi DC App Under Review

Hey all,

I got the 7-10 day message when I applied last night and called the app status and EO line. Both just said "it's under review and you should hear from us within 7-10 days".

I asked them if they needed anything from me and they said no. I guess it's time to patiently wait (I'm not good at that).

Any advice? It wasn't an instant denial, so I'm happy about that. I've never had to have my application looked at further. It's always been an instant decision, so this is new waters for me.

Cheers!

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi DC App Under Review

@Cashbackjunky 

When I applied for the Custom cash rewards citi card I had the 7-10 day message. But couple hours later I received a Congratulations approval. Hang in there and Good Luck!

Message 2 of 18
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@gingerflower wrote:

@Cashbackjunky 

When I applied for the Custom cash rewards citi card I had the 7-10 day message. But couple hours later I received a Congratulations approval. Hang in there and Good Luck!

I applied (and was approved instantly) for the Custom Cash on 6/12. I waited ~11 days to app for the DC, due to the 1/8 rule... I'm really hoping to get an approval email soon.

You got your approval via email, correct?

Thanks!

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice is to just be patient. 

Message 4 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP - just for clarification- you called the Executive Office for a standard pending application? Was this warranted of an escalated issue?  Just curious.

Message 5 of 18
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

OP - just for clarification- you called the Executive Office for a standard pending application? Was this warranted of an escalated issue?  Just curious.

Originally when I called the application status number and put in my SSN, the automated service said it couldn't find an application with that SSN, which made me think maybe I screwed up on my app. I called the EO line to see if they knew why my SSN wouldn't pull up my app status - he wasn't sure why. He said he could see my correct SSN tied to the application.

I'm not sure if that's an appropriate reason to escalate it but I thought if I typed in my SSN wrong, I'd want to rectify it (maybe that was the reason my app was pending?)

837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 6 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Originally when I called the application status number and put in my SSN, the automated service said it couldn't find an application with that SSN, which made me think maybe I screwed up on my app. I called the EO line to see if they knew why my SSN wouldn't pull up my app status - he wasn't sure why. He said he could see my correct SSN tied to the application.

I'm not sure if that's an appropriate reason to escalate it but I thought if I typed in my SSN wrong, I'd want to rectify it (maybe that was the reason my app was pending?)

Typically, unless your application was denied due to a mismatch or unable to verify your information, then I can see a potential need for escalation in the event Citi's traditional channels were exhausted.  But, thousands upon thousands of applicants typically let things process normally.  Often times, it can take 24 hours for systems to load applications onto the automated system.  

Personally, I would've let things run their course rather than jump the gun and call the EO for something trivial.  If there is something to be said (and learned on these forums) some direct escalation channels have disappeared or tend to be more difficult to reach because of trivial issues that don't merit escalation.

Message 7 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

If there is something to be said (and learned on these forums) some direct escalation channels have disappeared or tend to be more difficult to reach because of trivial issues that don't merit escalation.

That's exactly what happened with the Citi EO - they were originally very accomodating with handling requests directly but scaled back considerably over the last few years due to the increasing volume of direct escalations for what they viewed as routine or frivolous issues that a frontline CSR was both qualified and empowered to address. 

Nobody is looking to infer here whatsoever that you made a routine or frivolous request but whenever we hear of an EO being contacted our interest is piqued for this very reason above.  If FinStar hadn't asked I would have.  

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 18
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Sorry everyone. I wasn't trying to tie up EO resources.

I have never been denied for a card or had the need to have my application reviewed further, so when the app status phone system said my SSN wasn't found, I freaked out a bit thinking I fat fingered it and that was the reason. You don't know what you don't know. 

I'll never call EO again and I'll sit on my hands and wait "patiently" for my approval/denial email.

837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 9 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

Sorry everyone. I wasn't trying to tie up EO resources.

I have never been denied for a card or had the need to have my application reviewed further, so when the app status phone system said my SSN wasn't found, I freaked out a bit thinking I fat fingered it and that was the reason. You don't know what you don't know. 

I'll never call EO again and I'll sit on my hands and wait "patiently" for my approval/denial email.

If you have a reason to call then call , dont take away resources because the interwebz says its tabooSmiley Wink.  Now you know for a simple application probably not best route. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.