Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Chances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash Chances?

I am interested in the Citi Double Cash Card and was wondering about what your scores were upon approval or denial. I have app 640 across the board AAoA about 2 years with 2 neg on report. If I got approved I would probably try and combine my Cap Ones just to make it easier to keep track of everything. 

Quicksilver - $2000

Cap One Platinum - $900

Amazon - $800

Walmart - $400

Kohls - $300

Kays - $400

Paypal Credit - $600

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash Chances?

You scores need to come up. I would garden for a while. I was approved at 715. I would wait until your at at least 675.
Message 2 of 18
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I got my Double Cash with a 760 EQ score last year. It was enough to get me the lowest rate at the time (12.99%) and a decent SL. You definitely want to wait until your scores and reports are in the best possible condition you can get them because Citi is quite unforgiving with low scores and blemished reports. If approved with the aforementioned, Citi is known to give unsatisfactory limits and credit terms. As such, I would have to advise 700+ scores. Unfortunately, it may not even come down to the score depending on the severity of your negatives.

Message 3 of 18
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Approved EX 703. I echo the others' statements about working on your reports and getting scores up for this particular card. Any reason why you wouldn't wanna go ahead and combine cap1 anyways?
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TrialByFire wrote:
Approved EX 703. I echo the others' statements about working on your reports and getting scores up for this particular card. Any reason why you wouldn't wanna go ahead and combine cap1 anyways?

My thought process behind the combination is one is 3 years old and the other is about 8 months so to boost my AAoA and not lose any of my available credit. 

Message 5 of 18
boober
Frequent Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

Citi is quite unforgiving with low scores and blemished reports.If approved with the aforementioned, Citi is known to give unsatisfactory limits and credit terms. As such, I would have to advise 700+ scores. Unfortunately, it may not even come down to the score depending on the severity of your negatives.

Sorry to jump in on your thread Downbythebeach, but this would really help me alot as I'm in a somewhat similar situation.

Would the following be considered a blemished report, and might it potentially hold me back from getting a Citi card?

I'm about to apply for a Citi card, and the only neg I have in my report is 4 30 days late payments on my primary home and my rental from about 6-7 years ago. The rest of my credit report is excellent.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Hey boober! I like that name lol not for THAT reason but there was a character in my sons book with that name.

I digress. Would you mind starting a thread on this, including as much data as possible?
Message 7 of 18
boober
Frequent Contributor

Thanks TrialByFire. Smiley Very Happy

I actually came up with it, not for THAT eaither, but because I always liked the name boober from the character boober from that old TV show Fraggle rock that I used to watch when I was a kid.

I digress also, I'll start that thread up, thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 18
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Your AAoA won't be affected anytime soon and you wouldn't lose any CL as the limits would combine. Not trying to persuade you one way or the other I promise lol. Curiosity got the best of me, had to ask Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 18
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

YESSSS!!!! That's the book!!! Lol couldn't think of it to save my life!!
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.