Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash

Yes, the DC is a Mastercard.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to give a little update.

First, thank you all for your explanations and suggestions.

My score somehow did not bounce back up after the freedom unlimited reported a balance of about 300$ again. The score went up by like 10 points or so compared to a 0$ balance that it had the month before. To me it seems that the drop in score might have been mostly caused by closing my secured Wells Fargo card. I knew that it was not ideal to close this card but I did not want to pay the 25$ fee for a secured card that had no chance of ever being unsecured.

In the end I decided not to apply for the Citi Double Cash right now. I have two cards now and a total credit limit of 16300$. I am happy with that. Honestly, I did not expect to get such high limits from Chase given that my credit history was only based on a secured card with a 300$ limit when I first applied.  For now I will just wait a few months until my scores are back up again and then apply for the Double Cash.

Message 12 of 14
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

I am curious. I do not as of yet have any chase products. As I understand it the freedom unlimited is better then the freedom right? Is it possible to combine the 2 into the freedom unlimited?
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The freedom unlimited isn't "better" or "worse" than the regular freedom. They are very different products. The first is 1.5% back on everything, where the other is essentially a 5% rotating category card, although you get 1% on non-category purchases. Which one makes more sense for you depends on your monthly spend, as well as the other cards you currently use (ie if you already have a 2% general spend card, taking on a 1.5% CB FU may not make the most sense).
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.