Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come it’s CLI question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Come it’s CLI question

A few months ago I applied for a Wayfair Credit Card. Approved with the SCT for $3500. Asked for a CLI within a day or so and they bumped me to $4300. I requested another CLI as I need to buy some more furniture and was declined because I recently had a CLI. Anyone know how long you have to wait for Comenity to approve another CLI? Is the fact that this card came from the SCT a problem?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: Come it’s CLI question

Looks like 61 days should be your rough guideline.

DP thread.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 2 of 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I can't remember the details of the other letters, but a few years back I think we decided that the time required between CLIs could actually be determined by the letter at the beginning of the URL you use to manage your account:

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 2.34.45 PM.png

"C" is 4 months for sure if that does indeed hold true.  Comenity accounts seem to vary from 31 days to 4 calendar months.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I can't remember the details of the other letters, but a few years back I think we decided that the time required between CLIs could actually be determined by the letter at the beginning of the URL you use to manage your account:

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 2.34.45 PM.png

"C" is 4 months for sure if that does indeed hold true.  Comenity accounts seem to vary from 31 days to 4 calendar months.

So I thought this was interesting since I have 2 Comenity Store Cards.

My VS started with the c.comenity and my WS started with d.comenity.

I figured, what the heck, I am at 4 months now for VS (maybe just under a hair) so why not spin the wheel again lol....

Nope! 7-10 day message was instantaneous without a moment's thought. Again. I can already hazard a guess that it is a flat out denial.

I will not even bother with WS because they keep saying that they can't access other creditor's info, which is odd since my 3 CRs aren't frozen. I can only assume it is SageStream, possibly, and I did a lifetime lock on that badboy. I can already assume I will never see a CLI from them.

I am going to keep an eye on that now, though, everytime I login to see if it ever changes!

Interesting thinking, though!

Thanks for sharing!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.