cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Total Rewards CLI - Decline (interesting data point)

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Comenity Total Rewards CLI - Decline (interesting data point)

I requested a CLI on my Total Rewards card yesterday and received a 7-10 day message. (My first for this card)... 

I hope that this helps.

 

The CL on the card is $25K

Scores - EQ (847), TU (790), EX (804)

Inquries EQ (1), TU (0), EX (1)

Previous CL request from them 15 months increased by $1.5k to take total to $25K. So far no HP on any of the bureaus.

I am paperless, so I received a secured message last night with the following reason:

 

Thank you for contacting Comenity Bank. As the bank that issues your Caesars Rewards Visa Signature® credit card account, we are here to help with your questions.
We received your recent request for an increased credit limit . Because the Caesars Rewards Visa Signature® credit card program does not currently offer credit limits higher than your account's current limit, we are unable to approve your request at this time. Your credit limit remains $25,000.00.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Comenity Total Rewards CLI - Decline (interesting data point)

Glad there was no HP and now you know going forward. I don't have any Comenity V/MC but I am curious if this applies to all of them? I know some of their store cards can go wayyyyy past 25k. 
Thanks for sharing op! 

Got some pruning to do... No more new cards!
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity Total Rewards CLI - Decline (interesting data point)

I've requested many times on my MC/Visa Sig....never a hp, never a cli.  

Edit:  Just saw I posted in the wrong thread, you posted in two.. I apologize for that.  This is the thread I meant to post to your question (Citi AA Executive New APP and Amex BCP and Comenity TR CLI Request)




Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 786
Goal Score: 850


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

”MY TAKE HOME PAY DON’T TAKE ME HOME”
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Comenity Total Rewards CLI - Decline (interesting data point)

Majors go past 25k, but apparently not this card. Thanks for the dp

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Comenity Total Rewards CLI - Decline (interesting data point)


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Majors go past 25k, but apparently not this card. Thanks for the dp


Right. Some of their majors are capped even lower ($15K - $20K)... Some others like Orbitz can go above $30K and the former Virgin America VS was known to reach $40K (in the former Comenity glory days). 

Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity Total Rewards CLI - Decline (interesting data point)


@torebuild2014 wrote:

I requested a CLI on my Total Rewards card yesterday and received a 7-10 day message. (My first for this card)... 

I hope that this helps.

 

The CL on the card is $25K

Scores - EQ (847), TU (790), EX (804)

Inquries EQ (1), TU (0), EX (1)

Previous CL request from them 15 months increased by $1.5k to take total to $25K. So far no HP on any of the bureaus.

I am paperless, so I received a secured message last night with the following reason:

 

Thank you for contacting Comenity Bank. As the bank that issues your Caesars Rewards Visa Signature® credit card account, we are here to help with your questions.
We received your recent request for an increased credit limit . Because the Caesars Rewards Visa Signature® credit card program does not currently offer credit limits higher than your account's current limit, we are unable to approve your request at this time. Your credit limit remains $25,000.00.


 

Maybe they changed the maximum recently.  I have $30k on that card.

Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity Total Rewards CLI - Decline (interesting data point)


@O_G wrote:

@torebuild2014 wrote:

I requested a CLI on my Total Rewards card yesterday and received a 7-10 day message. (My first for this card)... 

I hope that this helps.

 

The CL on the card is $25K

Scores - EQ (847), TU (790), EX (804)

Inquries EQ (1), TU (0), EX (1)

Previous CL request from them 15 months increased by $1.5k to take total to $25K. So far no HP on any of the bureaus.

I am paperless, so I received a secured message last night with the following reason:

 

Thank you for contacting Comenity Bank. As the bank that issues your Caesars Rewards Visa Signature® credit card account, we are here to help with your questions.
We received your recent request for an increased credit limit . Because the Caesars Rewards Visa Signature® credit card program does not currently offer credit limits higher than your account's current limit, we are unable to approve your request at this time. Your credit limit remains $25,000.00.


 

Maybe they changed the maximum recently.  I have $30k on that card.


Thank you O.G. I thought I saw other limits that exceed this limit. In my case it could be a combination of limited use and a tightening of the credit market in general with the default rates on the rise. I am not using even a fraction of my current limit so no harm. I did want to list the DP and maybe others can test the reasoning or choose not to even ask. The credit usage is so limited for me on the card to when I am at one of the properties or gas to show activity. I didn’t even get to take advantage of any of the 0% offers that they have sent. 

 

Hopefully someone one else with a similar or higher limit will yield a better outcome than me. Who knows, there could be something in my profile that they didn’t like.😔

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity Total Rewards CLI - Decline (interesting data point)


@torebuild2014 wrote:

@O_G wrote:

@torebuild2014 wrote:

I requested a CLI on my Total Rewards card yesterday and received a 7-10 day message. (My first for this card)... 

I hope that this helps.

 

The CL on the card is $25K

Scores - EQ (847), TU (790), EX (804)

Inquries EQ (1), TU (0), EX (1)

Previous CL request from them 15 months increased by $1.5k to take total to $25K. So far no HP on any of the bureaus.

I am paperless, so I received a secured message last night with the following reason:

 

Thank you for contacting Comenity Bank. As the bank that issues your Caesars Rewards Visa Signature® credit card account, we are here to help with your questions.
We received your recent request for an increased credit limit . Because the Caesars Rewards Visa Signature® credit card program does not currently offer credit limits higher than your account's current limit, we are unable to approve your request at this time. Your credit limit remains $25,000.00.


 

Maybe they changed the maximum recently.  I have $30k on that card.


Thank you O.G. I thought I saw other limits that exceed this limit. In my case it could be a combination of limited use and a tightening of the credit market in general with the default rates on the rise. I am not using even a fraction of my current limit so no harm. I did want to list the DP and maybe others can test the reasoning or choose not to even ask. The credit usage is so limited for me on the card to when I am at one of the properties or gas to show activity. I didn’t even get to take advantage of any of the 0% offers that they have sent. 

 

Hopefully someone one else with a similar or higher limit will yield a better outcome than me. Who knows, there could be something in my profile that they didn’t like.😔


I don't have as much experience with Comenity as I do other lenders, but so far they have proven to be odd is some aspects.  I don't think my $30k limit is held back by income or by usage.  It was pretty easy and fairly fast to get it up to $30k, but since then it has been stuck.  Even with a couple of months of very solid usage, they won't budge on a CLI.  They always come back with the "maximum our policy allows" reasoning.   The last time I tried was about two years ago.  

 

After reading your post, I decided to try again just for the heck of it.  "Too many inquiries" was their response.  

 

I'm thinking that maybe their maximum really is $30k, but recently lowered to $25k.  Or maybe you have other Comenity cards and they are using a maximum exposure across all of their cards, lke Synchrony and other several lenders do. 

 

Not to worry, though.  $25k is a respectable limit.    

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity Total Rewards CLI - Decline (interesting data point)


@O_G wrote:


I don't have as much experience with Comenity as I do other lenders, but so far they have proven to be odd is some aspects.  I don't think my $30k limit is held back by income or by usage.  It was pretty easy and fairly fast to get it up to $30k, but since then it has been stuck.  Even with a couple of months of very solid usage, they won't budge on a CLI.  They always come back with the "maximum our policy allows" reasoning.   The last time I tried was about two years ago.  

 

After reading your post, I decided to try again just for the heck of it.  "Too many inquiries" was their response.  

 

I'm thinking that maybe their maximum really is $30k, but recently lowered to $25k.  Or maybe you have other Comenity cards and they are using a maximum exposure across all of their cards, lke Synchrony and other several lenders do. 

 

Not to worry, though.  $25k is a respectable limit.    


O_G, thank you for taking the time to respond and also take a Comenity request to add  to the DP. 

 

I agree with your point that their new maximum may have changed, and that we may not know exactly what the maximum is or will be for an individual. My request just as easily could have resulted in a CL decrease if their guidelines have changed. I am aware that any CLI request can bring scrutiny to your profile so I am just happy that they left my current line in place as is. LOL...  Now that I know this information, Comenity is not one that I will be poking in the future. My SO has some room to possibly grow this card, but will encourage to approach with measured caution as with any Comenity product. 

 

Also to your other observation on exposure:

I will add for other readers, this is my only card with Comenity (no store cards as well)

Usage across all cards is 1%. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.