cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity True ID verification fail?! UPDATED!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity True ID verification fail?! UPDATED!!!

UPDATE 12/27/19
I sent them a fax again on 12/26/19 with my same exact documents as before along with a letter asking how come they could not verify me and to please open my account.
Received a voicemail today saying they reviewed my documents and my account was reopened! So it must have been a computer program that denied me after being approved.
Plus- yesterday my Experian & Equifax updates yesterday to show that I had account and was closed by comenity and made my scores drop over 30points! So hopefully now that it is reopened should have those points back!
——

I searched the forum before posting and only am seeing several years old posts about this and really no resolution so hoping a newer post will bring info.
I was recently approved for a Jared credit card, it was almost a month long process and had to send in a copy of my state id, ss card, utility bill.
I did that and called in and was told my credit limit. The following day a letter was sent to me (received Saturday) that they suspended my card (had not used it or even received it yet) and had to send same documents again.
After a ton of run around was told I failed the True ID verification and they won’t give details. I sent my documents AGAIN. But I answered security questions correctly, my ID is valid and correct name and address, SS card is original and my gas bill was current and my name and address. Everything would match and would think could verify me that way.
They told me I can reapply in 30 days but in 30 days I will still be me, same ID, same SS card and same bills just a new month.
Has this happened to anyone and have they reopened your account?
Any suggestions?
The people I have spoke with at Comenity have said this is weird and makes no sense.
I am working on my credit so I would understand denying me due to credit but not my id!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity True ID verification fail?!

@Anonymous wrote:
I searched the forum before posting and only am seeing several years old posts about this and really no resolution so hoping a newer post will bring info.
I was recently approved for a Jared credit card, it was almost a month long process and had to send in a copy of my state id, ss card, utility bill.
I did that and called in and was told my credit limit. The following day a letter was sent to me (received Saturday) that they suspended my card (had not used it or even received it yet) and had to send same documents again.
After a ton of run around was told I failed the True ID verification and they won’t give details. I sent my documents AGAIN. But I answered security questions correctly, my ID is valid and correct name and address, SS card is original and my gas bill was current and my name and address. Everything would match and would think could verify me that way.
They told me I can reapply in 30 days but in 30 days I will still be me, same ID, same SS card and same bills just a new month.
Has this happened to anyone and have they reopened your account?
Any suggestions?
The people I have spoke with at Comenity have said this is weird and makes no sense.
I am working on my credit so I would understand denying me due to credit but not my id!

Hi and welcome

This is horrible! Is your name a common name? Are you a Jr, Sr, or have roman numerals after your surname, like I, II or III?  

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding
My name is very uncommon and doubt anyone else in the world has it!
Message 3 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Sounds like you missed a question. This is usually due to incorrect information on your reports. Is this your first Comenity card?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is my first comenity card
I only have a CapOne QS with a small $500 limit and always pay balance each month well before due date and a Firestone with a $0 balance and low 600’s scores across
Guess why approve me in the 1st place after sending in my documents only to deny me a day later.
Message 5 of 8
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Just a thought, could it be that your DL hasn't been renewed lately to the new licenses that are compliant with the REAL ID Act of 2005?  Some states are requiring everyone to update their licenses within a certain time frame regardless of whether it is expired or not.  The new licenses have either a gold or black star on the front indicating that they are updated to meet the REAL ID requirements.  Perhaps Comenity is now requiring that DL's meet the REAL ID Act requirements.  Google REAL ID Act of 2005 and it will provide more info and state specific deadlines for acquiring the updated licenses.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Minnesota and the Real ID is not required until Oct 2020 and my current ID had been renewed in 2019 and is technically valid until 2023.
Another thing when I called originally to verify those security questions was told would receive a letter, there had been a block on my credit report and I forgot about it (doh!) but had it removed immediately after AND once documents were requested and processed was asked again questions then after answering was given the approval and CL
The entire process applying from a prequal to receiving latest letter stating could not verify my identity has been about 30 days

I really appreciate all the responses!
Message 7 of 8
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Great!  Glad to hear it all worked out!

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.