cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conns Yes Money. Pre approved. anyway i can get approved minus the HP.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conns Yes Money. Pre approved. anyway i can get approved minus the HP.

i keep on getting this preapproved offers from Conns for $2000.   i am very interested due to needing a tv. mine is about to go out.  but of course i dont want to do an hp ,  trying to cut down.  does anyone know if its possible.   and has anyone dealt with them..   of course the tv i want is around $35 a month but ill be paying that off faster.  any info is appreciated . thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Conns Yes Money. Pre approved. anyway i can get approved minus the HP.

They'll surely will pull your credit .....bet that

By completing and submitting the above information, you authorize Conn's to verify and gather information about you and to investigate your credit, bank, employment, and income records. Further, Conn's may verify your credit references for purposes of considering your application for credit and, subsequently, in connection with any updates, renewals or future extensions of credit or reviewing or collecting your account.  If you ask us, we will tell you whether or not we requested a credit bureau report and the names and addresses of any credit bureaus that provided us with such reports.

They report to all 3 CB's per their website

Couldn't find out who backs the card/loans tho 

Here's some interesting info to help you make a decision 

https://www.conns.com/yes-money-faqs

To meet the 24-month Cash Option to avoid finance charges, you must pay 24 monthly payments of $83.33 on a $2,000 purchase, if no down payment is required.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for the info.  the down payment scares me .   if its too high i wont get a tv but a HP would still be on my credit report.  

Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you for the info.  the down payment scares me .   if its too high i wont get a tv but a HP would still be on my credit report.  

The whole thing scares me to be honest....have you pulled scores lately to see where you're at....Might be better to apply for a $0% card for say a year or better?

Way better use of a HP if you ask meSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
Ron1
Super Contributor

My brother got approved for $1000 a few yars ago with pre-approval. They HP EQ. It is a closed end account. They will charge extra fee if you don't have renter insurance or house insurance. You need to go inside the store to sign the paper after the purchase. They will close the account if you don't use it within a month. They don't report if you don't use. You need to re-apply every time you use. It is super easy.

Ron.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Conns Yes Money account that I initiated for my elderly mom in September 2014 to get some furniture. She got the preapproved mailer and we spent $3100 @$139 per month.

No problems. They report to all 3 bureaus as an installment account. We only owe $500 now and have a $7500 limit.

Their revolving accounts are through Synchrony. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.