Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card application

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and I am an Italian based in LA, sometimes my English is not perfect so bear with me.
I need your advice on a certain matter, I recently got reinstated with Amex and I got back my amex green card after three years. They gave me a limit of $2000 deleted the charge off item that was on my report. Once I reactivated the card I upgraded to an amex gold premier rewards. I started using the card, always pay in full, right now the balance is $00. I have a quicksilver with CL 7900, last month I was approved for a discover with CL 6500. My utilization is 46%. Now my goal is to have a amex BCE or BCP and a Sapphire Reserve. My fico scores are around 690. My exp was 713 but went down when I applied for the discovery. Right now I make around 60000 per year.
My question are:
Do you think I can apply for an amex BCE of BCP of their system has somehow a memory of the charge?
Do you think I can apply for the sapphire or maybe a freedom and eventually upgrade to sapphire?

Thanks in advance to everybody!

Gianfranco
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card application

My advice would be to check with Amex and Chase to see if you are pre-approved. They would know better than us 😉

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and I am an Italian based in LA, sometimes my English is not perfect so bear with me.
I need your advice on a certain matter, I recently got reinstated with Amex and I got back my amex green card after three years. They gave me a limit of $2000 deleted the charge off item that was on my report. Once I reactivated the card I upgraded to an amex gold premier rewards. I started using the card, always pay in full, right now the balance is $00. I have a quicksilver with CL 7900, last month I was approved for a discover with CL 6500. My utilization is 46%. Now my goal is to have a amex BCE or BCP and a Sapphire Reserve. My fico scores are around 690. My exp was 713 but went down when I applied for the discovery. Right now I make around 60000 per year.
My question are:
Do you think I can apply for an amex BCE of BCP of their system has somehow a memory of the charge?
Do you think I can apply for the sapphire or maybe a freedom and eventually upgrade to sapphire?

Thanks in advance to everybody!

Gianfranco

I think your best bet would be to wait 6 months or more before applying for anything more.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree you should wait a bit if your account was just reinstated with Amex.  That way you can get your utilization down also.  So that when you apply, you have a better chance of getting approved.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.