Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Amex Gold

tag
jd403
Regular Contributor

Delta Amex Gold

Anyone happen to know what they pull and score needed?

Thanks

FICO 8: TU 716 EX, 718 EQ 721 (10/19/21)

Discover IT $10.5k, Citi AA $10.8k , Cap One QS - $6.3k, Amex Optima - $4k Kohl's - $3k, M-Life MasterCard $8k, Amex Delta Gold $16.5k
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Re: Delta Amex Gold

@jd403 wrote:

Anyone happen to know what they pull and score needed?

Thanks

I'm guessing EX, but you could probably check a credit pull database for more info for your particular state.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex pulls EXP strictly and uses FICO08 to make the decision. I was approved in March with a 619EXP with 11% UTI and 2 recent accounts in the last 6 months. 2 paid CO's reporting and no collections. I am in AE but all 4 cards I have with them have been strict EXP pulls. Good luck and you'll do just fine.
Message 3 of 10
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Amex pulls EXP strictly and uses FICO08 to make the decision. I was approved in March with a 619EXP with 11% UTI and 2 recent accounts in the last 6 months. 2 paid CO's reporting and no collections. I am in AE but all 4 cards I have with them have been strict EXP pulls. Good luck and you'll do just fine.

This is an inaccurate statement. A better statement would be "Based on the Credit Pulls Database Amex appears to pull mostly from Experian. However, the CRA used depends on what state you live in."

Remember, this database uses crowd sourcing for all its info and none of the responses are vetted, so people can put whatever they want into the database. And, the database is dependent on people actually inputting the data. How many people do this? 1% of all applicants? .00001% of all applicants? 50% of all applicants, 99.9% of all applicants? So, the info reported is more likely than not completely inaccurate and, just because Clarence in CA was approved or Belinda in FL was approved does not mean that you will be. 

While the Credit Pulls database may be fun to look at, it is not a useful tool for determining creditworthiness with any one lender.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roger. Got it Berk I will be more careful in the future. I am still learning but in my case all pulls were on EX. 

Message 5 of 10
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Roger. Got it Berk I will be more careful in the future. I am still learning but in my case all pulls were on EX. 

As am I. As are the vast majority of the readers of this forum. And, yes, Amex does seem to favor EX but they do use all three CRAs based on the Credit Pull database. Which, as you saw from my earlier post, I don't put any faith in. Way too many skewed statistics to arrive at any accurate probabilities.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Berk, those types of databases are to give an idea of which bureaus the lenders tend to pull in different areas, as well as sharing approval or denial data points.

It is definitely helpful, as well as indicating obvious trends like Amex with Experian. They do almost always pull EX, just as Barclays almost always pulls TU, but as mentioned any lender could pull any report.

Off the top of my head, other companies with strong tendencies nationwide are Blispay who claims they always use EX, and PenFed who always pulls EQ.

The credit pulls database show regional trends too which have always held up in my experience. For example Chase has always pulled EX for me, and in my state and surrounding states the database shows that is typically the case.
Message 7 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

EX 640 ish

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be EX. Your scores should be good for approval, not sure about other factors in your profile, but people get approved with scores way lower than yours... Good luck!

Message 9 of 10
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

I got denied with an EX score of 698 so I thought that this was a rather "high standards" card but after reading all of this I guess it must be something else about my profile that AMEX doesn't like. Oh well, I was only after the new 60k miles offer so I guess it doesn't put a major dent in my finances.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.