Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Amex Reserve CLI question….

tag
RockyTop_TN
New Contributor

Delta Amex Reserve CLI question….

I was approved for the Amex Delta Reserve on January 15, 2022, with a limit of 15k.  I'm coming up on my 6 month point and want to ask for a credit limit increase.   I have a credit union visa with a limit of 30k, and the Southwest Priority with a 15k limit, so not sure of Amex "competes" with Visa.

I dont carry balances and pay in full every month.  I have a little over 12k spend so far and fly Delta.  Also plan on booking a Delta vacation in the coming months.  Credit score at 770 with    1-3% utilization.  

Would asking for 50k be out of line?  It would be less than 3x limit but may trigger a tax transcript request.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Delta Amex Reserve CLI question….

Ask for what you want as you may get it or at least get a counteroffer.   They may approve, deny, counteroffer, or come back with a 4506-C request authorizing them to see your 2020, or your 2019 + 2020 federal tax return (2021 returns almost certainly wouldn't be available until at least until next month).  You can choose to decline, in which case you should expect your request to be denied but AMEX doesn't take other adverse action in response to such a denial when tied to a CLI request.

Emperically the odds of triggering such a request appear to increase when requesting $35K or more, but that is a pretty big YMMV.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 4
RockyTop_TN
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  My 181st day will be July 16th so I may wait until then.  

Message 3 of 4
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@RockyTop_TN You very likely won't be approved for $50k. Using their 3x CLI historical pattern, your request should be for $45k. As @coldfusion mentioned, they recently seem to be asking more and more for IV. However they appear to be requesting bank statements or linking your financial accounts more than asking for tax returns.

If you are okay with that, go ahead and ask for the max $45k. If you want to avoid IV, ask for a lower amount in the $30k to $35k.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.