Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied BoA CLI, recon ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied BoA CLI, recon ?

Hey all,

Just applied yesterday for a CLI on my BoA Cash Rewards. Current credit Line is 800$, account is 6 months old, util<3%, always PIF. Credit scores are ~700, but the Cash Rewards was my first credit line, so my history is short.

Was told initially by a CSR that I was eligible after 6 months for a CLI.

Applied yesterday for a CLI over the phone, got a 5-7 day message.

Using a backdoor number, a credit analyst just told me that I was denied, because :

- in my case, I have to wait 12 months before being eligible for a CLI (although my card is unsecured).

- not enough money on my checking account with them (I am not using it at all)

Do you think that's worth pushing it and trying recon ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Denied BoA CLI, recon ?

Best not to recon. Wait for the CLI link to appear on your account.
Message 2 of 5
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

+1

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's pretty frustrating having to wait another 6 months for no real reason, with such a small CL. But if that's the best move I can do I'll just wait then

Message 4 of 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

You're in with one lender that does soft pull CLI on a 90 day interval, subject to if you meet their requirements.

Also, once you build up history with BoA, they might even send you CC "special offer" based on credit worthiness.

Practice patience and you will be rewarded.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.