Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Lowe's CC. Sort of laughable...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Lowe's CC. Sort of laughable...

Apped in store last Monday, got 7-10 day message. Haven't received letter yet. I just closed on a new house last Tuesday, was trying to get a new washer/dryer and dishwasher for the new place. I had thought that it was a verification thing, since I gave them my new address for the application, and maybe I didn't get the letter due to the new address, mail, etc.

So, called the recon # I got from the forums here. 877-379-8173. Was told it was denied, not due to the address. Wasn't told what the reason was, and he said that they could not do and reconsideration or override or etc of the system's decision.

I ended up putting the purchase on my AMEX. However, I didn't want to do that. I wanted to take advantage of their special financing offer @5.99%. (Originally wanted to do the 24 months no interest, but that offer had expired before the application.)

It's just laughable, in a sense, that I can borrow over $270k for a new house, but stinking Synchrony won't give me a few grand for some appliances. There are times when I just hate, hate, the credit system as it is.

And really thought it was odd that he said they can't do any recons or etc. Whatever, screw 'em.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Denied Lowe's CC. Sort of laughable...

Your mortgage is secured.  The Lowes card isnt

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 8
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

I think Home Depot and Lowes are funny if your house loan is not reporting. I say wait for the house to report then app for Home Depot obviously if your home is reporting. Then call and immediately recon for higher limit advising you need windows etc. asking for 20-25k which will be another hp but worth it.

You probably have a waiting period for Lowes before reapplying. When available reapp for Lowes and rqst higher limit too. Cant remember if there's is another hp.

Best of luck!!

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I may do that. I already checked Home Depot, and I am pre-qualified for their card. I didn't apply yet, but I may, as I do have some other things that the wife wants for the new house. But it's going to be a hassle to return the washer and dryer to Lowes. I even have the cash to pay for them, just wanted to keep the cash free and use the low interest, or no interest, financing. Thanks for the input.
Message 4 of 8
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

You're scores look ok not sure what the problem is!  I agree that u should reapply as soon as you're house is reporting or go with Home Depot instead.  The pre-qual should be good. 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let the mortgage settle in and try again.  You have Lowe's and HD.  They do put them through pc's.  It's not really their decsision.  They just do what you ask.  Once you get an approval, go ahead and call credit solutions again to get your limit up there.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, not to rub salt into the wound or anything, but did you take a look at the credit pulls database on the Lowe's card before you applied?

There are lots of people in that database with scores at or around your 650's TU that were denied; definitely more denials than approvals around those scores.  And, those that were approved with similar scores reported SLs of $500, $700 etc.

It looks like Synchrony likes to see around a 690-700 TU score for a decent SL on the Lowe's card, generally speaking.

Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Maybe HD will come through for you.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.