Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied after PreQual

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied after PreQual

So I am a current AMEX customer with the Delta Gold. I was Pre-Approved today via AMEX for several cards, decided to bite the bullet today and apply for the Cash Magnet, however was declined. Guess it’s not always as good as it seems. Pretty bummed.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Denied after PreQual

Did it say you were preapproved or expand your membership?
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 14
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Try recon, if it said pre approved a denial is rare
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 3 of 14
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:

My thoughts as well. Did it specifically say "YourNameHere, You are Pre-Approved"?  If that was the case, I'd deem that worthy of a recon.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concur, recon. Nothing is ever guaranteed 100.0% when applying for credit, but if you got a pre-approval message directly addressed to you with a single-figure APR, you're highly likely to be approved unless something has changed significantly for the worse on your credit report since the SP that triggered the offer.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is off topic a bit, but I am seeing a couple cards as "pre-qualified" on Amex site. Is it true that you can submit apps for 2-3 different cards with 1 HP? If so, do I just go apply for the couple in a short amount of time, to ensure its the same pull? Or was I misinformed?  If this is not the place, lmk and I will gladly move this..

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It said preapproved.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The exact literature says, Good News, you are successfully Pre-Qualified for the following card offers and lists the Cash Magnet

@Anonymous wrote:

It said preapproved.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cred4All wrote:

@Caught750 wrote:

My thoughts as well. Did it specifically say "YourNameHere, You are Pre-Approved"?  If that was the case, I'd deem that worthy of a recon.

The exact literature says, Good News, you are successfully Pre-Qualified for the following card offers and lists the Cash Magnet

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cred4All wrote:

@Caught750 wrote:

"Pre-qualified" and "pre-approved" are subtly but distinctly different things. "Pre-qualified" simply means you've passed the initial screening and are likely to be granted a card upon application, providing that the HP results are to the issuer's satisfaction. "Pre-approved" offers, which usually come with a single-figure APR quote, mean that you're almost certain to be approved providing nothing has significantly changed on your credit report to the negative by the time you submit your application.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.