Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Unable to Verify Identity??

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Diners Club Unable to Verify Identity??

Interesting situation with Diners club. Applied 9/27 with the masses and my application ended up in limbo land. I never received a letter and the diners club folks could not find the app. Fast forward a month later I decide to reapp thinking the first app is never going to come back. Well after reapping on 10/27, I call today and am told it was declined because they could not verify identity. The only information I received was call the credit burea and ask them what could not be identified. I'm a bit purplexed as I know what is on my CR (daily puller) and could not imagine what they could not identify. The only thing that comes to mind is my previous address is not listed on my CR but I doubt thats the reason. Anyone else get this strange answer from Diners Club? Not even sure what I would have to correct to reapply and bypass this issue... bummer.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Diners Club Unable to Verify Identity??

This is a known issue with them, you can find multiple threads on here about it.. You might live in an Apt and you put 123 Apt#123 when it is Unit#123 on report and they will deny you for this dumb reason.  Do a search and you will find alot of info regarding this.

Message 2 of 10
rlx01
Established Contributor

I had the same denial "reason" and there's nothing wrong with my reports.

I also used the exact same address as shown on my reports and can even see that they pulled them with the same exact address identifier.

I have written to their EO to remove the HPs citing incompetence as they did not properly review the application or make any attempt to verify my identity.

I expect to prevail.

I will not be reapplying.
Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@rlx01 wrote:
I had the same denial "reason" and there's nothing wrong with my reports.

I also used the exact same address as shown on my reports and can even see that they pulled them with the same exact address identifier.

I have written to their EO to remove the HPs citing incompetence as they did not properly review the application or make any attempt to verify my identity.

I expect to prevail.

I will not be reapplying.

Good luck with prevailing Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 10
rlx01
Established Contributor

I wouldn't have bothered but... It was an EX pull also. And my EX was INQ free.

I spoke to someone and they told me to write to get them removed.
Message 5 of 10
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

My first app was denied because of the "apt" vs "#" issue.  Ended up calling EX to see if they have something on there end that I don't see on my reports and it all looked good.  Told me both variations of my address are on my report and the only thing he could suggest was using "#" if I planned on reapplying.  The second app got approved but my pin and card came in envelopes marked with "apt".  I never received the denial letter for my first app either. 

Current Scores - EX 658, EQ 713, TU 722
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

My first app was denied because of the "apt" vs "#" issue.  Ended up calling EX to see if they have something on there end that I don't see on my reports and it all looked good.  Told me both variations of my address are on my report and the only thing he could suggest was using "#" if I planned on reapplying.  The second app got approved but my pin and card came in envelopes marked with "apt".  I never received the denial letter for my first app either. 

It's interesting that they can't make this simple distinction when they're reviewing the applications manually. I could understand computer error kicking out the app for a silly reason such as that, But these are supposedly experienced Credit Analysts..

Message 7 of 10
rlx01
Established Contributor

There is no computer error -- that handles it fine.

I.e. You write this:

123 Foobar St Apt 987

And they send this to CRAs:

123 Foobar St 987

Standard normalization.

If it didn't match they couldn't HP you.

So what exactly is their problem? Who knows. Incompetence is likely.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rlx01 wrote:
There is no computer error -- that handles it fine.

I.e. You write this:

123 Foobar St Apt 987

And they send this to CRAs:

123 Foobar St 987

Standard normalization.

If it didn't match they couldn't HP you.

So what exactly is their problem? Who knows. Incompetence is likely.

Since it is a Canadian bank and more importantly a French Canadian bank, Perhaps our way of addressing is perplexing to them? Just a thought.

Message 9 of 10
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

It's interesting that they can't make this simple distinction when they're reviewing the applications manually. I could understand computer error kicking out the app for a silly reason such as that, But these are supposedly experienced Credit Analysts..

It still boggles my mind!  I've called them twice to ask them about it and I get the same response.  It was because of the "apt" vs "#".  It is what it is I guess. Smiley Indifferent

Current Scores - EX 658, EQ 713, TU 722
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.