cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Re: Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...

Discover is funky when it comes to what they use for CLIs. I had not heard of them using VS but it could be a recent change.

They do use a FICO score, buts it’s not usually the F8 or F9 we’re accustomed to seeing (which they provide on their website). They use the FICO 4 model which is just a much older version, for CLIs at least.

From my experience low activity members have similar F4 and F8 scores, but F4 is more punishing when it comes to recent inquiries and new accounts. My F4 is usually significantly lower than my F8/F9 because I’m no stranger to app sprees lol **Im working on that**

There could a change a foot, but historically they pull F4 on CLIs.

@CreditCuriosity, @AverageJoesCredit, @UncleB, do you all have any additional insight (or more recent recent)?
Message 11 of 22
Established Contributor

Re: Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...


@credit_is_crack wrote:
Discover is funky when it comes to what they use for CLIs. I had not heard of them using VS but it could be a recent change.

They do use a FICO score, buts it’s not usually the F8 or F9 we’re accustomed to seeing (which they provide on their website). They use the FICO 4 model which is just a much older version, for CLIs at least.

From my experience low activity members have similar F4 and F8 scores, but F4 is more punishing when it comes to recent inquiries and new accounts. My F4 is usually significantly lower than my F8/F9 because I’m no stranger to app sprees lol **Im working on that**

There could a change a foot, but historically they pull F4 on CLIs.

@CreditCuriosity, @AverageJoesCredit, @UncleB, do you all have any additional insight (or more recent recent)?

All of my Discover CLI have always used TU FICO 8. I have about 6 letters this year and they all match my TU FICO 8. None are even close to my FICO 4. My card started as a secured card last year so I don’t know if that makes a difference.

I just returned from financial hell. Don't go, the brochure is a lie.
Message 12 of 22
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...

My 300 letters all concur it's always TU Fico 8  

 

 

🤷‍♀️

EX 754 EQ 774 TU 752


Message 13 of 22
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...

If Remmy has 300 i have 3 millionSmiley Wink. I just shred them so not sure though reality is , in how Miss Disco decides cli, she does seem to like using VSSmiley Happy Makes her feel powerful and sexySmiley Wink
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
Message 14 of 22
Valued Contributor

Re: Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...

It sounds like they’ve had a shift and we can update our matrix to reflect this change. It could also be demographically driven - we’ll never know, but we can confidently say based on the replies that F4 is no longer the exclusive go-to for Disco CLIs. All of mine always pulled F4 but it’s been at least 10-12 months since I closed it out.
Message 15 of 22
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...

It's definetly TU Fico 8 

 

I cherish all my dysfunctional relationships, and Disco takes the cake there 

We just cant love each other at the same time, and they've sent me letters stating so 

 

Now they love me, but I dont love them back 

 

Cant wait for the episode 301 

 

 

EX 754 EQ 774 TU 752


Message 16 of 22
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...

@Remedios Do you wish for me to offer a sacrifice to the gods at the Temple of Discover in your name? Took awhile but it finally started to pay off for @AverageJoesCredit when they finally granted his requests.... 

 

-J

 

Message 17 of 22
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...


@joltdude wrote:

@Remedios Do you wish for me to offer a sacrifice to the gods at the Temple of Discover in your name? Took awhile but it finally started to pay off for @AverageJoesCredit when they finally granted his requests.... 

 

-J

 


You can or I can just mail them a goat and they can sacrifice it whichever way they want 

 

 

EX 754 EQ 774 TU 752


Message 18 of 22
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...

@joltdude , @Remedios problem lies within the fact she keeps calling Discover " They" when you and i darn well know Miss Discover doesnt like being relegated to a impersonal "They"Smiley Wink
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
Message 19 of 22
Regular Contributor

Re: Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...


@Morpho wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:
Discover is funky when it comes to what they use for CLIs. I had not heard of them using VS but it could be a recent change.

They do use a FICO score, buts it’s not usually the F8 or F9 we’re accustomed to seeing (which they provide on their website). They use the FICO 4 model which is just a much older version, for CLIs at least.

From my experience low activity members have similar F4 and F8 scores, but F4 is more punishing when it comes to recent inquiries and new accounts. My F4 is usually significantly lower than my F8/F9 because I’m no stranger to app sprees lol **Im working on that**

There could a change a foot, but historically they pull F4 on CLIs.

@CreditCuriosity, @AverageJoesCredit, @UncleB, do you all have any additional insight (or more recent recent)?

All of my Discover CLI have always used TU FICO 8. I have about 6 letters this year and they all match my TU FICO 8. None are even close to my FICO 4. My card started as a secured card last year so I don’t know if that makes a difference.


My first CLI letter from Discover actually/came close to my TU Fico 4 for me. After that letter, it started spitting out Fico 8 scores.

Michigan Schools & Gov't Credit Union Classic Visa Card | $1kDiscover Student Cash Back | $2300Capital One Savor Card v1 | $11k AUAmex 1.5% CB | $2kBest Buy Store Card | $3k

July 2018
Ford Credit Loan $199.26/month (3 yrs)
January 2019
Discover Cash it Card $500
Michigan Schools and Gov't CU Card $1,000
February 2019
Self Lender Loan (Closed July 2019)
May 2019
Discover CLI $1.2k
July 2019
Discover System CLI $600
Amex $2,000
Best Buy Store Card $3,000
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.