Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 2nd (second) card app thread

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover 2nd (second) card app thread

We only live once ShoegalSmiley Happy. If you would like double cash back, and a second chance, lol, id go for it. Whsts one more account?Smiley Wink
Message 191 of 431
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Do you need another card? 

Do you need the 0%?

Do you need the 10% rotating categories?

Only you can answer these questions.

How much lower was your Fico when you opened your first Discover?

If dramatically better now, you may get a much better card this time.

GL!

Good questions!

1- I only get cards that I need and will keep long term.

2- No. And if I needed one, I would go for a better card or an offer on an existing one.

3-Yeah. I used all the 5% categories and maxed them out per quarter when possible.

Not lower by much. They pulled EX and EQ and they were around 664-665 each.

Message 192 of 431
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
We only live once ShoegalSmiley Happy. If you would like double cash back, and a second chance, lol, id go for it. Whsts one more account?Smiley Wink

Yolo! AJC, also 🎂🎉

Message 193 of 431
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, Thanks Shoegal for rememberingSmiley Wink Same to you alsoSmiley Happy

Message 194 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally!!! I have been reading threads about apping for 2nd Discover Card- and can I just say thank you all for sharing your credit journey!!

30 months post BK. My 1st disco card was opened around May 2017 (1 year 6 months old ) with 1000 SCL- now it’s sitting at 3900.

After 6 months of checking if I’m pre-qualified FINALLY TONIGHT Disco pre-qualifies me for 2 cards - DISCO IT Cashback and DISCO IT MILES- I apped for the Miles and gave me 14 months 0 % APR and 0 % balance transfers for 14 Months - almost fell off my sit when I check the SL- 11,300. They pulled Experian (692).

Thank you all for sharing. ❤️
Message 195 of 431
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Finally!!! I have been reading threads about apping for 2nd Discover Card- and can I just say thank you all for sharing your credit journey!!

30 months post BK. My 1st disco card was opened around May 2017 (1 year 6 months old ) with 1000 SCL- now it’s sitting at 3900.

After 6 months of checking if I’m pre-qualified FINALLY TONIGHT Disco pre-qualifies me for 2 cards - DISCO IT Cashback and DISCO IT MILES- I apped for the Miles and gave me 14 months 0 % APR and 0 % balance transfers for 14 Months - almost fell off my sit when I check the SL- 11,300. They pulled Experian (692).

Congrats Andre!! 🎉🎉🎉

Message 196 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats that's awesome Andre!!
Message 197 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

NIIIICE!  Grats!

Message 198 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover 2nd ( second) card app thread

1st card opened dec 1 750 cl by dec 1st this year its sitting t 4500 cash back match yes bal transfer 18 months
And card was hoping for something amazing fell short dec 17 preq multiple errors online chatted online qas told this is a ongoing issue verified info approved woth cashback match same bal transfer offer but 2500 credit limit yes higher than my first however lower than my first card is currently at which again is 4.5k
Message 199 of 431
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

I believe @AverageJoesCredit has a theory that Discover can put a particular account in a 'bucket' which governs future CLI's, and that a 2nd Discover card, for the same user, might get put in a different 'bucket'.

I guess my experience suggests that it is so.

During the 3 years and 10 months I've had a Discover card, CLI's have been tough to get, and when they are granted, it's usually for $300.

About 3 months ago I got a 2nd Discover IT card. Waited until the 3rd statement cut, hit the luv button, and got a CLI for.... $500.

So maybe my 2nd card is in a different bucket Smiley Happy

As to what my usage was, I hardly used the card, made a few small purchases and paid them off before statement cut.  No balance transfers because Discover hasn't given me any balance transfer offers on card number 2.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 200 of 431
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.