Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 2nd (second) card app thread

tag
Poppa
Established Contributor

Re: Discover 2nd card no prequal offer

Thanks everyone for clearing that up for me. And does it matter which card has the CLI offer? Does it have to be the card that the limit is moving to?
FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 321 of 431
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Because I think this is a good thread for reference... @pizza1 

Discover Acct combo success... 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Round-2-DISCOVER-Acct-Combo-Success/m-p/5454407

and

Discover CLI Success thread...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/DISCOVER-COMBINED-LIMITS-SUCCESS/m-p/5093628

-J

Message 322 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Poppa:
The customer service rep said it doesn't. She checked both of my cards. (No love! 😭)
Message 323 of 431
Poppa
Established Contributor

Sabii: I got my latest CLI by doing a balance transfer to my card. 10 months since the previous CLI. That's the speculation why I got it at least.

Message 324 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Poppa: May I ask what kind of balance transfer in relationship to the previous limit? Did you have a preview balance?
The only balance I could transfer is ~ 2% of my Discover limit. I might try it anyway.
Message 325 of 431
Poppa
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Poppa: May I ask what kind of balance transfer in relationship to the previous limit? Did you have a preview balance?
The only balance I could transfer is ~ 2% of my Discover limit. I might try it anyway.

I did a $2500 transfer on my $9000 limit. I had a -$8.99 balance so with the $75 fee it came to %28.5 of the limit.

Message 326 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Close 2nd Disco then apply for 2nd

I have two discover cards and I was wondering if I close one to apply for the miles card, how long one needs to wait for their system to acknowledge I only have one account?
Message 327 of 431
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Close 2nd Disco then apply for 2nd

Can't you just PC it?

Message 328 of 431
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have two discover cards and I was wondering if I close one to apply for the miles card, how long one needs to wait for their system to acknowledge I only have one account?

If both cards are over a year old, call and see if they will combine them into one (older one)

Apply for a new card after account combination is complete. I dont know if it registers immediately, or if you need to wait, but I cant imagine it being longer than 30 days. 

Hopefully someone else will have that answer for you 

Message 329 of 431
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If both cards are over a year old, call and see if they will combine them into one (older one)

Apply for a new card after account combination is complete. I dont know if it registers immediately, or if you need to wait, but I cant imagine it being longer than 30 days. 

Hopefully someone else will have that answer for you 

Basically what she said..  Although you must have a SP CLI available to be able to combine into the card you want to combine limits into.  Also both cards must be > 1 year old as well.  

Message 330 of 431
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.