Re: Discover CLI - Data Points

OP...717 to 771 in 30 days? Nice jump

Message 41 of 44
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Powertripper wrote:

OP...717 to 771 in 30 days? Nice jump

Yep, my very last 'baddie' finally aged off my reports.  For the first time in 16 years, I'm finally 'baddie-free'!  Smiley Very Happy

Discover just updated my TU FICO score last night, and my score is now 784. 

It won't last long, though... my five new accounts from May still aren't reporting.  I suspect once they do I'll take quite a hit, at least for a few months.  That's OK, though... it's expected and just a part of expanding my credit profile!  Smiley Wink

Message 42 of 44
Powertripper
Valued Member

I know this is a Discover CLI Board...but good shot on doing the right things to put yourself in a great position when that last baddie fell off! Kudos man....sounds like you are already having fun with the higher credit score ..5 brand new accounts...love it  Smiley Happy I bet you'll never have a baddie again!

Message 43 of 44
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Powertripper wrote:

I know this is a Discover CLI Board...but good shot on doing the right things to put yourself in a great position when that last baddie fell off! Kudos man....sounds like you are already having fun with the higher credit score ..5 brand new accounts...love it  Smiley Happy I bet you'll never have a baddie again!

Thanks so much!

I'll use this opportunity to give another shout-out to gardening... in my case it had been years since I had a 'new' baddie, but I had to simply wait for time to take care of my existing ones.  It wasn't always easy, and when I got down to a single negative account showing up it was tempting to go for all the accounts that were newly within reach. 

However following the wisdom of so many of my friends here I opted to sit back and let the 'cleansing' process complete before applying for anything else, which put my May approvals within reach (and likely this Discover CLI as well).  Sometimes you need to proactively take control, but there's also a time for sitting back, concentrating on your current accounts, and letting the calendar work to your advantage!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.