Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI

Tried luck on Monday with luv button, got 2-day message, logged in yesterday received 1k increase. Was bored today at work and thought hey, what the heck let's see how generous they're willing to be...got another 2-day message, kinda worried they're gonna get mad at me lol...hope for the best!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI

I'm too chicken to try that soon after another CLI. Congrats on the first increase, and good luck on the second! Make sure you post back and let us know what happens.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been in the garden for 6 months, have a util of 7% only with making large payments on the current CL. Can anything bad come from this? AA or CLD? I hope not.

Message 3 of 19
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been in the garden for 6 months, have a util of 7% only with making large payments on the current CL. Can anything bad come from this? AA or CLD? I hope not.

As with anything on here, YMMV, so anything is certainly possible.

I always get the 2 day message. Sometimes I would get an increase (at 15, 30, 45, 60 days, totally random), and sometimes if it's too soon, I didn't (actually at this point, I stopped requesting increases).

My guess is that you will receive a letter that will state that you do not have enough experience with your current limit (which was always the reason for decline on mine).

Message 4 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Dog gone it.

If Discover would lay just 1, and i mean only 1 of those 2 day messages for my own account, and with just 1 cli better than the current 91+ day $500 routine i been seeing i think i might faint.

They sure know how to push my button of anxiety from the waiting. Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 19
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Dog gone it.

If Discover would lay just 1, and i mean only 1 of those 2 day messages for my own account, and with just 1 cli better than the current 91+ day $500 routine i been seeing i think i might faint.

They sure know how to push my button of anxiety from the waiting. Smiley Indifferent

Heh. I hate the 2 day message because I can never tell which way it'll go. 

Message 6 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@iheartwings wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Dog gone it.

Heh. I hate the 2 day message because I can never tell which way it'll go. 

I always get the routine verbage "Cannot Increase Credit Line At This Time" for this account. UGH

At the 91+ day mark though it dispenses another new cool clean $500 SP CLI spot

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always get the "insufficient experience with credit limit" message blah .. no luv for me since March ... only got two 500 increases since I had th card (Oct 15) .. oh well.
Message 8 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I always get the "insufficient experience with credit limit" message blah .. no luv for me since March ... only got two 500 increases since I had th card (Oct 15) .. oh well.

Feel your pain and the strain.

Aside from the US Bank card, Discover is next in line as my single oldest card account.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Feel your pain and the strain.

Aside from the US Bank card, Discover is next in line as my single oldest card account.

Have yo had any luck with US Bank? They WILL NOT give me a CLI, no matter what I do.  Keep on giving me new credit, but won't budge on open accounts.

Also, I couldn't agree more on Discover.  $500 every 91 days.  Better than US Bank, but takes FOREVER to grow that particular line at that rate.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.