Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Pre Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Approval

@AllZero 

Thank you! But it apparently isn't approved just yet lol. Idk just doesn't make sense.  

Message 11 of 15
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!! Disco being Disco!!! Hopefully only waiting for manual review, and not going to ask for 4506T or bank statements.

Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blindambition 

thank you! 

I don't mind proving income. I was just wondering why be told it was legit approved by reps and then be told it's in review afterward.

edited to add: also don't mind sending bank statements. I'd actually encourage they do ask so I can send it and maybe they'll give me a much higher credit line lol

Message 13 of 15
mgood
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

IMO, everyone who can should get a Discover it Cash Back for the 5% bonus categories. There's just no down side. And since they double it the first year, you effectively get 10% on the bonus categories and 2% on everything else.

When you can, you want to upgrade that Platinum to a Quicksilver to get 1.5% back on everything you buy with it.

I just did both of those things last month, got the Disco and upgraded Platinum to QS. I consider them both to be things I should have done long ago. I may not use the QS much now that I'm getting better reward cards, but I'll use it a little to keep an old account alive and might as well get a little reward when I do.

I feel you on the review. I recently got approved for a PenFed Platinum Rewards. I was "conditionally approved," but they wanted me to send copies of my last two pay stubs. Then it was "almost done," then "complete." Then it went backwards to "almost done." Smiley Surprised But I've gotten a couple of emails and a snail-mail stating that I am approved, while it still says "almost done" on the website. They've had computer issues lately so I'm just waiting to see if a card shows up in the mail or if it's stuck in the computer, or if someone really is reviewing it further. It is showing up on the "My Accounts" page on their site as an actual account.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 766, EX8 775 as of March 28
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE5 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 14 of 15
2ski
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@blindambition 

thank you! 

I don't mind proving income. I was just wondering why be told it was legit approved by reps and then be told it's in review afterward.

edited to add: also don't mind sending bank statements. I'd actually encourage they do ask so I can send it and maybe they'll give me a much higher credit line lol

Congradulations! on the approval. Did you end up getting the 3500 SL?

Current FICO 8:
Current FICO 9:

Inquires :              

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.