Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Prequal disappeared

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Prequal disappeared

For the last 2 months, I’ve been consistently getting prequalifications for the Discover IT CB and Chrome with a solid APR. I was going to wait until my most recent cards aged a few mths before apping. But the other day l forgot to unlock TU and EX before doing the prequal app (I am thinking of apping before Xmas to take full advantage of amazon/target bonus category this quarter) and I got a 7-10 day message saying they can’t prequal me at this time and they would send me a letter in the mail and that I can try again in 8 days. Has anyone gotten that message?

My reports haven’t changed since I last did the prequal a few wks ago. If anything, my scores increased because I paid off 1 small balance I had let report back in early Sept. My scores are FICO 8 - TU 730 EX 725 EQ 790 with util of under 20%.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Prequal disappeared

You may need to delete your cookies for the website. I've had to do that for a prequal site before after running it too many times.  If unfamiliar with the process try using incognito or a different browser. GL!

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 2 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Yes, I got it just a few nights ago.
It was done for fun, but when it came back with nothing, it kinda stung a little and feelings were hurt. Maybe they think I should use the card I already have 🤷‍♀️
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios - Same! This is the best my reports have ever looked since I started working on my credit! I was hoping it would prequal me with a better interest rate but then nada! Even in incognito mode. I think when u prequal with Disco, it saves your info for the 8 days and there’s nothing u can do until the time is up. I will try again I guess when the 8 days are up.
Message 4 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I dont even want it, I was just going to brag because last few times I was offered lowest apr and, ready for screenshot and all...well then it happened 😐
Or I should say, nothing happened 😒
Message 5 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Thats a common response

Try again in 8 days

Let us know which card design you chose

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.