Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Recon denied - but good info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Recon denied - but good info

I've had my Discover It for 10 months now. I tried for another CLI that was denied. I tried to recon it, which was denied, but going through the process I got some good info on what Discover looks for and their CLI rules. 

It seems they only give CLI's every 30 days. The first CS rep that I talked to mentioned this. The recon person I talked to mentioned that I haven't had my car for a year yet, and when giving more and higher CLI's they look at history over a year, and suggested that I should apply again after I've had the card a year.

So it seems they only give CLI's every 30 days, and need to have card for a year for more than 2 CLI's

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Recon denied - but good info

Very good info - thank you for sharing!!

Message 2 of 8
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Interesting but not my experience. I haven't even had my card for a year (11 months) and I have had 6 CLI's. I started with a $5k limit last June.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it depends on your individual credit file. I received 4 CLIs in 9 mos of having my card. SL was 5k and now it is 11.5k.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it depends on your individual credit file. I received 4 CLIs in 9 mos of having my card. SL was 5k and now it is 11.5k.

I concur.  I have had 5 clis in 11 months. 

Message 5 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had my Discover It for 10 months now. I tried for another CLI that was denied. I tried to recon it, which was denied, but going through the process I got some good info on what Discover looks for and their CLI rules. 

It seems they only give CLI's every 30 days. The first CS rep that I talked to mentioned this. The recon person I talked to mentioned that I haven't had my car for a year yet, and when giving more and higher CLI's they look at history over a year, and suggested that I should apply again after I've had the card a year.

So it seems they only give CLI's every 30 days, and need to have card for a year for more than 2 CLI's

Rules? Discover don't need no rules Smiley Happy Their decisions are made by monkeys sitting at keyboards. Either the CSR's just make this stuff up, or they're badly misinformed.

In 13 months I've had 7 CLI's. The time periods between them have varied from 20 days to 92 days.

The only thing I've seen that has been consistent is that if your TU FICO8 is ~ 740 or better, you're more likely to get large (4-figure) CLI's than small ones like mine (each of mine has been either 300 or 500).

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 8
drboxing
Established Contributor

That is good information. I've had my Discover It Miles Card since November 2015. Thanks

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1  Craziness with mine too!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.