Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Card?

tag
renamariee
Contributor

Discover Secured Card?

I previously had a secured discover card that was closed by the company due to non-payment back in early 2017. Account has been paid off, never sent to collections, I just couldn't pay my bill for a few months and didn't think to call and let them know. What would be the earliest that I could re-apply for their secured card? I currently have Citi's but I am not a fan. (Did not realize I couldn't raise the limit with additional deposits)

Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 637
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Secured Card?

@renamariee wrote:

I previously had a secured discover card that was closed by the company due to non-payment back in early 2017. Account has been paid off, never sent to collections, I just couldn't pay my bill for a few months and didn't think to call and let them know. What would be the earliest that I could re-apply for their secured card? I currently have Citi's but I am not a fan. (Did not realize I couldn't raise the limit with additional deposits)

Have you tried prequal?  

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 2 of 4
renamariee
Contributor

Nothing came up when I did the pre-qual and it said I wasn't approved due to the status of a prior account but I wasn't sure how long it would be until I could reapply

Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 637
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You can keep trying here and there, but until that message disappears, it's going to be a hard pass on them due to the nature of the prior negative relationship.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.