Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover preapproval

tag
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Discover preapproval

Every now and then I fill out the form to see what Discover offers me. Usually I get a all the cards with a good rate. Last week I was declined. Waited for the letter and it came today with too many inquiries as the reason for the denial. Odd since I have only1 from eight moths ago on Experian. I noticed Clarity listed as well as EX as the soft reports pulled.

For fun I would fill out the forms CK and others that offer loans with the verbage this will not affect your credit score and never apply  regardless of the results. True my credit score has not changed but now I have 5 recent recent HARD inquiries on Clarity and the reason for my decline. Of course Clarity blames the lenders and vice versa and have a battle on my hands. I have Clarity frozen now and it probably won't  be a huge deal however I'm not happy over this deception. Also Clarity states they can keep the inquiries on for 5 years and indeed there are  some older than 2 years on the report. Any thoughts? Thx for reading

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover preapproval

Clarity from Experian! Wonderful ... one more site to Freeze the Report on!!! Unreal! Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'm sure you know that pre whatevers on CK are marketing. I can get all kinds of cards that normally wouldnt touch me with a 10' pole with a BK if I went by their exellent approval ratings.

Message 3 of 6
KanesInferno
New Contributor

Speaking of Discover pre-approvals. What's weird is I tried the pre-qualify thing on their website and was told I didn't qualify for anything (which I figured might be the case and was fine with it). 

Then a few days later received a pre-approval offer in the mail from them, scanned the code and got approved for $8K CL, wow. Not sure what the difference was...

Message 4 of 6
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Perhaps I wasn't clear, I reason I was declined was for too many recent inquiries. Discover pulled Clarity as well as EX. I only did the pre screen portion which states no effect on your credit. 

I should have 0 inquiries yet Clarify shows 6 recents hence the reason for a denial. 

Called Lending Point and Prosper and both agreed the inquiries were coded hard in error and would be deleted.

The damage was done and I learned never to take for granted that all these sites are always reliable in "the no hard inquiry verbiage",

Message 5 of 6
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Clarity from Experian! Wonderful ... one more site to Freeze the Report on!!! Unreal! Smiley Sad

^^^^ +100000%  Again and again, ...and again!

Can you guess what I will be freezing this weekend?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.