Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Merrick Bank blacklist?

tag
disney2
Regular Contributor

Does Merrick Bank blacklist?

I got a preapproved offer yesterday from Merrick so I decided I'd put in for it. I use to have a card with them and loved having it until I burnt them about 9 1/2 years ago.  I paid it off from some collections company or something later.  Anyway, I was hopeful that they hadn't blacklisted me so went online to apply.  When I hit submit, it didn't take 5 seconds to come back denied.  Am I blacklisted?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Does Merrick Bank blacklist?

@disney2 wrote:

I got a preapproved offer yesterday from Merrick so I decided I'd put in for it. I use to have a card with them and loved having it until I burnt them about 9 1/2 years ago.  I paid it off from some collections company or something later.  Anyway, I was hopeful that they hadn't blacklisted me so went online to apply.  When I hit submit, it didn't take 5 seconds to come back denied.  Am I blacklisted?

You'll have to wait for the letter. I dont know if a rebuilder lender like Merrick would hold the grudge for 10 years 

Perhaps something changed on your CR from the preapproval time to now, or maybe it was just a marketing offer and not a real pre-approval 

Anyway, your AA letter should explain the denial 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.