Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest AMEX approval odds?

tag
MudkipsRKooL
Regular Contributor

Re: Easiest AMEX approval odds?

try pre-approval. I tried Amex BCP from a refferal link and got denied. I did prequal thingy and got BCE of $7500, what you know.. 3 months later i applied and got approved for Amex BCE for that exact amount.

Current score: 778ex | 774tu | 777eq
INQ status: 1/24, 1/12

Currrent Cards:

Future:
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean you got the BCP for 7500 3 months later?

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, credit score 'bottom line' is going up.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cold app'd and got approved for a BCE with a 2k SL 2 days ago. EX FICO8 just around 700 at the time with 6 months of total credit history. Doesn't seem to be too massive of a tightening to me.

Message 24 of 26
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info. I think I'll wait a few months, my middle score is 751, to close for comfort. 

If your EX score is in that neighorhood  you'll have no problem getting approved for any Amex card. So take your pick. You don't have to concern yourself about which are the easiest to get.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 25 of 26
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I just checked my EX score it's down to 738. (I did apply for a few cards last week) Thanks for all the advice. The pre qual site recommends the Hilton, BCE, and the Cash Magnet cards. 

"Recommends"? That doesn't sound like a preapproval.

In any event, since you just applied for a few new cards, you should hold off for now on any new applications.

Your 738 EX score may not stay at 738.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.