Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebates double app - Oops!

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Ebates double app - Oops!

I'm an idiot. I apparantly app'd for Ebates back on April 16th and got denied. I think. I get lots of letters from Sync and if they roll up, I toss them. If they have a hard plastic spot, I keep those and scream like a little girl while ripping the envelope open. I forgot I app'd and apped again on 4-16. I got an instant 7-10 day message. However, the 2nd HP never hit my CR. I am wondering if this is because it was a decline right after another decline.

I called Credit Services tonight to see if they could stop it. No can do. It's been sent for further review and I will get notified in 7-10 days which means they have probably already mailed the letter. My score at the time of the first app was 700. My score for the 2nd one was 714. Any chance this is an approval? I have all their other cards already. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ebates double app - Oops!

Did it turn out to be an approval? I know my DH apped in February and January both declined..apped again at the end of March and approved.

Message 2 of 3
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Ebates double app - Oops!

No. I got the email today telling me it could not be processed because its too soon after the last app. My score is 714 now and I think I could get it but I dodged a HP bullet so I call it a win. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.