cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

El Dorado Furniture Store Credit Approvals? Edit: APPROVED!!

tag
Bpearl2010
Regular Contributor

El Dorado Furniture Store Credit Approvals? Edit: APPROVED!!

Any history of the requirements for El Dorado Store credit card? I've read from the comienty thread that they are from the Comienty bank, but I don't know how to confirm that. I've decided to rent an apartment for one year before purchasing my own, so I would like to purchase new bedroom set, dining set, livingroom set, and possible office. 

I have the cash to buy the items out right, but maybe having their zero Interest for 36 months is better than taking money out of my savings.

any help would be great.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 7/28/2015

I went ahead and visited the store. I told them I want to apply for the Blue Card from El Dorado so that I can remodel my apartment. I applied for the card with the sale person and was approved for $1,250. (I laughed). So the sales man went ahead and took to me the cashier and told me that I would need to select the stuff I am looking to buy and create a sales order, so that he can call and ask them for a CLI. Long story short I went ahead and picked 12k worth of product.

The cashier calls a number (didn't want to give me the number), and presses number 1 and then 6 and brings him to the CLI department, he put me on the phone with them after he told them I have a pending sale for 12k. The gentleman on the phone ask some verification question and said I'm happy to offer you a CLI of 1k. lol. "Unfortunately, I can not purchase the product unless I can get approved for at least 10K". He said he was going to transfer me to big ticket item department, which I'm assuming was the Sr. Credit Analysts. Once he transferred me took about 20 mins ask for my income and employers information and i informed her that I have a Comienty account with Carson's for 11.2k and she said "Ok, thank you for telling me".

She came back and said "unfortunately I could not approve you for 15K requested, but I can approve you for 11.7k, is that fine?" I said sure that's no problem I will be the rest cash. "Told the sell's guy I no longer want 5 things and brought the total to $4k" lol.... I'll pay it in full when i get the statement.

Bam! 11.7k credit.  They pulled Experian

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Bpearl2010
Regular Contributor

Re: El Dorado Furniture Store Credit Approvals?

Anyone?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: El Dorado Furniture Store Credit Approvals?

From https://d.comenity.net/eldoradofurniture/

Comenity Capital Bank issues your El Dorado Furniture BLUCard account. Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.