Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Pre Qualification

tag
Larrypatty
Valued Member

FNBO Pre Qualification

I got pre-approved for a 7k limit, then got the under review/pending. I have 7 new accounts and 9 inquiries the past 12 months. How does that sneak by a soft pull/pre approval? I'm pretty sure I won't  get approved during a manual review? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FNBO Pre Qualification

As has been mentioned in the FNBO DP thread, the tool is not a pre-approval, but rather a pre-qualification portal.  A variety of members have posted that it is not reliable since denials have been reported despite the pre-qualification results.  So, YEMV.  The tool is likely obtaining some pre-determined top criteria for the pre-qualification to yield the results, but until a HP is done (combined with FNBO's internal AI) then that's when the actual results can be confirmed.

I would just wait and see how it pans out for you.  You can check the progress via their online status tool btw.

Message 2 of 6
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

I would wait for an email for your results. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Larrypatty 

I would call FNBO they may need to verify your address which was the case with some. After they verify your address then possible approval. I'm keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 for your approval email to come!!!😀

Message 4 of 6
Larrypatty
Valued Member

Got the approval email just now.  7k limit 22%.  They pulled experian. 12 inquiries in the past 12 months. 8 new revolvers in the past 12 months. 712 experian score. no negs, 2%ult. 

I need to stop this so I can actually get great cards in the near future. not a fan of gardening. lol. 

Message 5 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Larrypatty wrote:

Got the approval email just now.  7k limit 22%.  They pulled experian. 12 inquiries in the past 12 months. 8 new revolvers in the past 12 months. 712 experian score. no negs, 2%ult. 

I need to stop this so I can actually get great cards in the near future. not a fan of gardening. lol. 

Congrats on the approval @Larrypatty.  Feel free to share your good news in the Approvals section if you'd like.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.