Legendary Contributor

First Tech FCU

Any recent data?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Tech FCU

Very conservative...  Cant have alot of credit or will be denied, etc...  If you have 1x your income in credit don't bother as you are a risk or anyone is a risk to them...  They are a creditor you get when one has little credit, not alot

Message 2 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As echoed above, I wouldn't waste a HP on them with your current profile.
Message 3 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck on whatever you decide

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

FT FCU denied me several times... Im way too risky for them, no surprise there, lol!!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the others in that you shouldn't apply if you have a ton of credit. I got my credit card with them 1.5 years ago after I closed all of my Cap One/Citi/Synchrony accounts, so I didn't have any open credit at all; approved for $1k. If they're you primary FI, then they can be generous with CLI's (that are HP)--I hardly use the card but they gave me a CLI from $1k to $5k after I combined the hard pull used to refinance my car. Personally, I don't think that their cards are any good, though.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I was approved a couple of days ago for the Choice Rewards World Mastercard. I joined the CU last week, opened savings and checking, and a couple of days later I applied for the card and was approved for 10K at 14% APR. My credit is by no means great, so I expected a denial but was instantly approved.  701 Experian Fico. 

Message 7 of 9
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I had a "pre-approved " mailer from 1st Tech show up about a month ago saying I was already approved for the Choice Rewards MC with a limit between $10K-$35K. I took that as a good sign to hit up AOD for a card I wanted 😎

Message 8 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous congrats on your approval they arent really sensitive to scores really, but if you have alot of credit it reallly is a show stopper.. Congrats on your approval though.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.