Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTE Card Applications

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

GTE Card Applications

GTE pulled my EQ on 12/20/14 for membership. It was approved a few days later. Today I opened an online chat with them about applying for a credit card. He stated they can reuse the same hard pull if it's within 30 days. So of course I proceeded only to be denied for amount of new accounts! Anyways, they called and talked me through the application, took it immediately to an Underwriter and got back with me all within about 5 minutes. Even though I was denied (by yet another CU), they really are friendly. She said let the accounts age 9-12 months and try again.
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GTE Card Applications

@B335is wrote:
GTE pulled my EQ on 12/20/14 for membership. It was approved a few days later. Today I opened an online chat with them about applying for a credit card. He stated they can reuse the same hard pull if it's within 30 days. So of course I proceeded only to be denied for amount of new accounts! Anyways, they called and talked me through the application, took it immediately to an Underwriter and got back with me all within about 5 minutes. Even though I was denied (by yet another CU), they really are friendly. She said let the accounts age 9-12 months and try again.

Also no new credit she forgot to mention in those 9-12 monthsSmiley Happy.. Least it was the same pull!

Message 2 of 28
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah i had to mute the phone when she said 9-12 months Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

What's so special about them again?

Message 4 of 28
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Nothing is special. Just like every other CU card.
Message 5 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

LOL, at least you got the savings approved... I was denied for to many applications with Chex Systems... The very nice guy that called me said he would over ride that and get me approved but I declined when he offered to remove the HP from EQ and stated that if you are that sensitive for savings I don't think we will get along for credit! Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

1.59 to 1.99 apr on auto loans is pretty special. lol hope my new accounts don't effect my loan with them in june. as ive been member over a year now. paid off a signature loan with em. they are easy easy easy. anyone who wants to join. its only 5 bucks. I will get you reference to get you thru the door. if you don't live near tampa. pm me. as i would get a bonus. the 5 bucks goes to gte not me. heheheSmiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

1.59 to 1.99 apr on auto loans is pretty special. lol hope my new accounts don't effect my loan with them in june. as ive been member over a year now. paid off a signature loan with em. they are easy easy easy. anyone who wants to join. its only 5 bucks. I will get you reference to get you thru the door. if you don't live near tampa. pm me. as i would get a bonus. the 5 bucks goes to gte not me. heheheSmiley Very Happy

Burbank Credit Union offers 1.99 for auto loans and they pull TU

Message 8 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Burbank Credit Union offers 1.99 for auto loans and they pull TU

Thanks for the heads up. will check em out right now. i really need a good tu puller. outstanding.

Message 9 of 28
baller4life
Super Contributor

Burbank open to everyone??
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.