cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genesis credit and Wayfair - How do I use this?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Genesis credit and Wayfair - How do I use this?!

When I was checking out at Wayfair a few nights ago, I decided to just give the SP a shot and see if I would be approved for anything. I was, Genesis Credit for 2500.00. I ended up not completeing my purchase because I got gun shy on the couch I chose, and took a cooling off period. I went back to complete the purchase and there is nowhere for me to put my info! 

Genesis said to look for an area for my account number, but I was at work and away from my desk. Wayfair says I need to go through that credit approval dialouge each time, which I unfortunately believed and it just did another soft pull, but this time I was denied by everyone, except Genesis which was no longer on the list . I cannot figure out how to do this! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Genesis credit and Wayfair - How do I use this?!

Bump

Hi and welcome
Sorry, I don't know the answer but bumping this just in case another knowledgeable forum member missed this post.

Have you tried the SCT lately. It may have been timing.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Wayfair is comenity bank , who is genesis? 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 5
Snoopy916
Valued Member

it might one of those "second chance" credit offers

I applied for a 0% NordicTrack bike (~$2,000) a while back, was denied, but approved for a $3000 Fortiva Retail Credit Account instead.  I kind of did the same thing, and didnt complete the purchase because the terms weren't as good, and I figured wasn't worth it any longer.

I ended up with this credit account that I can see and log into, but have no idea how to use.  I had $3,000 in available credit to seemingly use anywhere Fortiva Retail Credit was accepted.  The problem was, I couldn't find anyone that accepts it (and I couldn't even use it on NordicTrack anymore as far as I could see).  I even tried calling Fortiva and asking them if I could get a list of retailers that accepts it, and they refused to tell me!  Very sketchy.

After a ton of googling, I came across the "second chance credit" explanation, but that's about all I know about it, and the account has remained dormant ever since.

This sounds like a similar situation and after some quick googling, 

https://mygenesiscredit.myfinanceservice.com

comes up, maybe you can log into your account there.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This might be too late to help u with ur order but if anyone out there has the same question, heres the answer. If u have been approved for Genesis on the Wayfair Website, the next time you want to make a purchase, have your cart ready, hit CHECKOUT - on the Payment Information click WAYFAIR FINANCING - under review order hit CONTINUE WITH WAYFAIR FINANCING, - the first time i did this it asked for my info as if im applying again but rep on the phone assured it wont pull ur credit again becoz u already were approved and already have an existing account ( yes i do hv an existing acct on mygenesiscredit.com i set up ryt after i was approved on the Wayfair website) - hit CONTINUE - then it should show u your GENESIS balance. The next time you do this it’ll only ask for the last 4 of your social since youve officially registered your genesis acct on you wayfair acct as a payment method.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.