Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Back in with amex

tag
pizzaman1
Valued Member

Getting Back in with amex

I am in a rebuild my scores are EX 680 TU 669 EQ 686 i have a bankruptcy from Nov 2015 did not include them in bankruptcy. Did have a Green Card Gold Card platinum and a blue paid but closed by them for late payments in 2006. I would like to get back in with them. How are my chances? How about Citiabnk and Chase. I only included a exxon card backed by Citibank What are my chances for obtaining cards from them. I have a discover 1400 limit capone QS 1350 limit and a few rebuilder cards all paid on time.

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Back in with amex

For Amex, 99% of the time, it takes BK'rs 5 years and 1 month from file date. We have seen some rare occasions where it's happened before, but not typically. 

You can get in with Chase, but it will require a recon. Recently, Bella007 got back in at 15 post file date but she had to recon. 

You can get back in with Citi on their retail side easier than you can on their legacy side. (Their cards fall into two categories: retail or legacy). Any card in their website is a legacy. Cards like Home Depot or Best Buy (not on their home website) are retail cards. Some exceptions for BKrs are the Costco and Secured card. Many BK'rs have had success with the Costco card. Many have had success with the secured card as well, as long as its been 2 years since file date (IIRC on the time). 

Good luck op! 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had a BK 12/2013 i applied for amex and citi and both denied me for that.. called for recon on both and both said to repply in 6 months.. so the 5 years 1 month scenario must be true! :-)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

For Amex, 99% of the time, it takes BK'rs 5 years and 1 month from file date. We have seen some rare occasions where it's happened before, but not typically. 

You can get in with Chase, but it will require a recon. Recently, Bella007 got back in at 15 post file date but she had to recon. 

You can get back in with Citi on their retail side easier than you can on their legacy side. (Their cards fall into two categories: retail or legacy). Any card in their website is a legacy. Cards like Home Depot or Best Buy (not on their home website) are retail cards. Some exceptions for BKrs are the Costco and Secured card. Many BK'rs have had success with the Costco card. Many have had success with the secured card as well, as long as its been 2 years since file date (IIRC on the time). 

Good luck op! 

This is true, I was able to call for recon and got approved for the Chase Amazon Visa Sig. The only thing is it was 15 months post discharge. I'm assuming file date is when I filed for bk? Either way, I was surprised they approved me. Smiley Happy

(Ok, Justa, you are making me want to try for the Citi Costco now! Lol!)

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops......I knew it was 15 months something lol! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.