Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gosh, I thought discover only pulled EQ

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Gosh, I thought discover only pulled EQ

I know nothing is set in stone but I could swear hearing that discover was a EQ puller...helping a newly minted 18 year old and after an 16pt pull drop on EX from getting an ax card I wanted to spread it out a bit.  discover app in socal resulted in a instant EX pull.  drat!  good news is he got a cash back for $2500.  hope everybody is not eating too much!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gosh, I thought discover only pulled EQ

Discover mainly pulls Experian but has been known to pull Equifax as well. On occasion I’ve seen them double pull both

Message 2 of 12
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

so much for the net ha-ha, well obviously I heard wrong...guess I should be happy it was not a double-tap

EQ.PNG

Message 3 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@bourgogne  you noob 😂😂😂

On a serious note, Disco can pull either one of the three, most commonly EX or EQ. There is also almost universally a SP on the one that didnt get pulled. 

For me, it was EQ. 

Message 4 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Unless things have changed, EQ will be pulled based on location as EX is the norm

Message 5 of 12
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

noob lol, but calling a spade a spade for sure, I blew it.  anyway the kid now has a 2500 discover to keep his 8k cash mag and 3k nfcu cash company, not a bad haul for just turing 18 last month.  thx, be safe!

Message 6 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

discover use to pull EQ 99% of the time several years back and greater than in last few years has been more-so an Experian  puller

Message 7 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Discover pulled Ex for my second card on April 5th 2019, I am pretty sure they SP'd EQ also.

I was fairly happy with The $8200 CL at the time. Have two it cards, may combine one day.

Message 8 of 12
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

I knew I read it somewhere!  the kid started his adventure @ 721, took a 16pt hit with ax and 7pts with discover.  you gotta pay if you want to play.  its been so long since I have app'ed for a consumer card, what sort of damage will 3 cards reporting do to the lad?  just a guess.  thx

721 - 698.PNG

Message 9 of 12
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

I check the prequal site periodically, and it tells me I have no offers due to prior relationship. It always pulls EQ when I get a letter from Discover. When I apped back in December of 2019 for a Secured card, it pulled Experian. I was definitely caught by surprise. Obviously I got declined. I was not happy that was for sure. I already had 11 inquiries on EX, and I only had 5 on EQ. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.