Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Everyone but Comenity hate me.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!! Everyone but Comenity hate me.

Comenity and Indigo have been the only two banks to approve me. Comenity Bank I am up to 5 cards with them, but I would love to be able to get some Syncrony Bank cards or Capital One! What should I do? How do you build an effective profile for large CL and several Banks? This is the first time I've had two credit cards with $1,000 limit, what is the trick to keep getting more and bigger ones?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!! Everyone but Comenity hate me.

Stop getting Comenity cards now!  Make small purchases, pay in full.  Allow your scores to go above 720 then apply for prime cards.

In the meantime, try and work the CLI system with Comenity.  The bigger your limits get on your existing cards, the bigger SL you'll get with a prime card.

I know of no bank, other than the fringe ones, who will offer you a good card, or even a big limit card, with scores below 600 except for a few examples where NFCU did it.

$250 SLs on Comenity cards is like giving you a participation medal for collapsing at the 1 mile mark of a 26 mile marathon.  That's as low of a limit as they give.  You are lucky to have their cards.

It's gonna be at least a year of on time payments to get your credit to the place where CapOne, Citi, Chase or Discover want your business.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Comenity and Indigo have been the only two banks to approve me. Comenity Bank I am up to 5 cards with them, but I would love to be able to get some Syncrony Bank cards or Capital One! What should I do? How do you build an effective profile for large CL and several Banks? This is the first time I've had two credit cards with $1,000 limit, what is the trick to keep getting more and bigger ones?

I am surprised Capital One hasn't approved you as I had much lower scores than you when they approved me.  If you can't get NFCU membership and you can't get a Cap One card then I would focus on why your scores are low and fix that.  

Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I dont hate youSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Work on getting your fico score up that's what's hurting you. 

Message 5 of 13
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

There are some banking institutions that just don't like ya, no matter who ya are.

I tried one more time with Cap One last week....DENIED.  I had 790  FICOS.

One thing I learned a long time ago from being a member of these forums...app for the card you CAN GET....not the card you simply WANT!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

"There are some banking institutions that just don't like ya, no matter who ya are."

Agreed...Cap1, AMEX, Barclay and my local CU are all fine but I can't seem to get my foot in the door with Citi, Chase, BofA or Discover.  I figure, if they don't want me as a customer, I don't want to deal with them.  I'm not going begging.  I'll work with the vendors who seem to value my business, or at least tolerate my presence.

Message 7 of 13
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Your scores are a problem....

You need to STOP apping for awhile... GROW what you got....  Your barely getting approvals with Comenity... 

Seriously you need to think of rebuilding your credit... Not building it....

Your even low for some secured cards... 

Think of a secured share loan.... and perhaps in a few months... think of a SECURED card... 

The reason noone wants to play is because your score is worse than you think it is... Your trying to skip some steps ... which you need to address to move forward...

I..E trying to fly when you just learned how to crawl.... not even walking or running in between.. 

Its not that these banks dont like you.. they just dont trust you .... 

And you plucked the low hanging fruit  from the tree and there is no more you can reach right now..

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. but if you stick around and listen to folks.. theres a good chance you can get to where you want to be...

-J

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're in exactly the same position as me. All I'm getting are toy limits. But I started out with $200 on Simply Be from Comenity and they gave me an auto-CLI to $300 at around the 2 month mark. (Yes, I started with $200, not $250, so apparently some Comenity cards do go lower than $250 SL. My JD Williams also started at only $200 and is still at that number.) I also can't get ANY of the Comenity cards I REALLY want to pop up, such as Overstock, Wayfair, or Boscov's, but at least my husband got Boscov's.

I can't get approved for anything else right now, so I'm not even trying. I have enough cards (as do you) for building. Just keep paying your bills on time and in a few months you'll be able to get better cards. But for now, don't apply for anything else, because you'll just keep your score low for longer. Just use your cards for small purchases, pay before the due date, and wait. I know it sucks, but it's the only thing you can do.

Around 600+ FICO you will start qualifying for a few more things.

By the way, I feel like Capital One hates me. A few months ago, CapOne offered me a fully secured card, while they offered my husband with lower scores a $99/$200 card. I raised my scores until they were even higher, waited until my old secured app expired, and applied again. STILL asked me for the full $200 deposit. I guess I'll wait until this app expires and try one more time, and if they say no the next time I will never bother with CapOne again.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your scores are a problem....

You need to STOP apping for awhile... GROW what you got....  Your barely getting approvals with Comenity... 

Seriously you need to think of rebuilding your credit... Not building it....

Your even low for some secured cards... 

Think of a secured share loan.... and perhaps in a few months... think of a SECURED card... 

The reason noone wants to play is because your score is worse than you think it is... Your trying to skip some steps ... which you need to address to move forward...

I..E trying to fly when you just learned how to crawl.... not even walking or running in between.. 

Its not that these banks dont like you.. they just dont trust you .... 

And you plucked the low hanging fruit  from the tree and there is no more you can reach right now..

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. but if you stick around and listen to folks.. theres a good chance you can get to where you want to be...

-J

^^^This!  Garden so you can get the cards you really want, not just the ones you can get now. Smiley Happy

I am right there with you. I have all the decent cards I can get right now. I've had four denials before I last joined the garden. It is time for me to garden before trying anymore. I feel your pain! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.