cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Last spree then the garden for 18 months?

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Help! Last spree then the garden for 18 months?

Hey guys wanted some input on this. I have a long garden stay coming up but have a few things I want to do first. I'd really like US Bank Altitude Reserve and at least one more no AF card with a 0% promo as we are expecting a baby in March.

The other cards I'm considering are WF Propel and Citi TY Preferred.

F9s (US Bank and WF are using this now) are around 740 and Bankcards (Citi) are around 710-720. Baddies are 6 years old. I'm 2/6 (soon to be 3/6) and 9/12.

Im considering the following;
1)apping for all of them now and expecting a denial from someone
2)apping for Altitude now and waiting until January or February on the rest. I have a 3 months old Cash+ and Checking with them. Cash+ was $4.5k. No relationship no recon.
3)apping all of them in Jan/Feb

The benefits to applying now is that SUB spend is very easy to make with Christmas and a nursery. The spend would also be easy applying for AR now and the rest early next year.

I'm looking for suggestions and chances on these. I know I grew fast but I have a thick file and good AAoA. Again, I wouldn't go for anything for at least 18 months after this group as we will be buying a home in summer 2020.

Reports still show me as 2/6 not 3/6. The cards are Citi AAdvantage and US Bank Cash+. EDP hasn't reported yet but will soon.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Final apps before 18-20 months in the garden

If you were to app now, you have good scores and your derogs are older, since USB is famous for manual review.  The only issue i see is that Citi or WF might get weird for the 3/6 and 10/12.  

Message 2 of 11
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thanks, I'm under 6/6 for Citi. WF I'm not sure with. I would not be surprised if I got a denial from one of them though.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would go the Golden Checking route with USB. You will see what cards and what limits they will give you before you finalize things.

Message 4 of 11
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thanks, unfortunately, as I said I already have a gold checking acct
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are they limiting you to one gold checking account now? 

Message 6 of 11
Caught750
Valued Contributor

No, but why would I open more than one checking?
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 7 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Caught750 wrote:
No, but why would I open more than one checking?

You don't have to actually open the account, the process let's you see what you qualify for on a SP. You can cancel the application after that.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had three checking accts at USB until I closed one recently.  I like having two, one my direct deposits go into and another I use for household expenses, bill pay and occasional random debit card & atm use.

Message 9 of 11
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Okay that's fair, I kinda like that too. I'll probably just cold app though. I have more checking accts than I know what to do with already. I'll definitely check that method out though!
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.