cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with next card to apply for, or wait and garden for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with next card to apply for, or wait and garden for?

Okay guy's now that I am 6months in I would like to begin to add atleast 2-3 cards to my profile now that my scores are up and I am reporting 6months of positive history.

Chase is out of the question because of 5/24

Capital One Quicksilver, is out of the question because of no experience with high limits

I have 0 inquiries(experian), 10 inquires (Transunion) 2 are new, one from the Quicksilver denial, and the other from sychrony and their approval. 14(Equifax) 3 new, Chase and the 5/24 denial I am waiting for, Elan stil waiting for the letter, and Quicksilver denial. All other inquires are 5-6 months old.

My scores are 722Transunion 731 experian 681 equifax.

I do understand that my scores are not going to be the only thing considered; are there any companies who are thin file friendly, not to worried about inquiries and fairly new accoutns?

I am upset about having so many inquiries, i went app crazy when I just turned 18, thinking I'd be approved for everything I applied for, I have learned a lot since then.

I applied with capone because i have a history with them, I am waiting for the letter to find out reasons for denial, I applied with chase when I thought the 5/24 rule was that you could only open 5 new chase accounts in 24 months. my mistake I own it and that inquiry

I was approved for Marvel at 2,000 waiting for the card to be sure a mistake was not made.

I want to help build my file, what card would you all go for, I am fine with applying with sychrony and comenity, there are a few stores I shop at that the store discounts involved with the store credit card's would be nice to have. Only if you all think I have a chance of being approved of course. I was going to garden until 1yr, but I have the applying itch and would like atleast 1-2 more accounts before I garden until 1 year...

Thanks in advance all.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with next card to apply for, or wait and garden for?

UPDATE: I was approved for AE, I no longer have the itch to apply for anything nor do I want any other cards at this point

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE: I was approved for AE, I no longer have the itch to apply for anything nor do I want any other cards at this point

Well, congrats to you!  Enjoy your new card! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would delete this post if i could only figure out how to save people the time of reading it since I no longer need help.

Message 4 of 5
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I would delete this post if i could only figure out how to save people the time of reading it since I no longer need help.

This thread will be closed to further response.   --SE

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.