Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Long

Hello, I have a quick question... how long after you are approved for an Amex gold can you apply for an Amex Delta. That is literally my dream card. Any help would be appreciated 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Long

You can app immediately if you like. One revolver and one charge the same day is fine with them. 

Message 2 of 11
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

And the last anyone ever saw of @Anonymous was a trail of flame and a cloud of dust.... Smiley Very Happy  Smiley LOL

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 3 of 11
unsungivy
Established Contributor

Uh... what am I missing here? Why would the Delta card be a dream card? Just really curious now.

SD - Biz -
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Taurus22 wrote:

And the last anyone ever saw of @Anonymous was a trail of flame and a cloud of dust.... Smiley Very Happy  Smiley LOL

@Taurus22 Please elaborate as I don't understand your statement 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I exclusively fly delta and they always offer however I have never qualified for an Amex. I already have several other cards that I've wanted and that's one that I used to see my mother with and I wanted it. Hope that clarifies. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can app immediately if you like. One revolver and one charge the same day is fine with them. 

Thank you for answering my question

Message 7 of 11
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

If you already had Amex cards, I agree, you can do two on the same day.

However, if, as I suspect, the Gold Card is your first Amex, I can say that in that same situation in 2019, I was consistently not preapproved until exactly one month later, when like a light switch flipping, I was preapproved. So my guess is you will need to wait a month or so.

Check preapproval (click the blue Apply link while logged in) for a very accurate prediction. What you want to see is the words "you're preapproved!". Any other words are questionable at best.

Good luck!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I have a quick question... how long after you are approved for an Amex gold can you apply for an Amex Delta. That is literally my dream card. Any help would be appreciated 

Everyone is different.  I got approved for the green, gold and plat and rec'd them all within the same week.  I was on a crazed filled app spree.  

Message 9 of 11
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I exclusively fly delta and they always offer however I have never qualified for an Amex. I already have several other cards that I've wanted and that's one that I used to see my mother with and I wanted it. Hope that clarifies. 

Yes, I love flying Delta for domestic travel as well.

@Anonymous If you have the Gold Amex, I would get the Platinum Delta - it gives you the free annual companion ticket in main cabin which pays for the AF.

Also, the SUB is better.

I have the Plat Amex and I like the access to many lounges which I always use and use of the Delta Sky Club is a bonus.

I am tempted at getting the Reserve Delta which gives a free first class tix.....

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.