Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Venture Denials?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Many Venture Denials?

I got an instant denial as well. They emailed me a letter dated Jan 14, 2015??? Can someone PM me the EO phone number, would like to recon this

Message 41 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an instant denial as well. They emailed me a letter dated Jan 14, 2015??? Can someone PM me the EO phone number, would like to recon this

Capital one's got a time machine now? Smiley LOL

This is one bandwagon I won't be jumping on to, I forgot about CSP AU 17k account that recently showed up on my credit report. I better "garden" or pretend to do it, before I apply for u.s airways card. Smiley LOL

Message 42 of 74
fury1995
Valued Contributor

I think the trick for Venture is to apply with higher balances reporting and indicate you often carry a balance. When I apped it was the day before 3 of my cards updated to $0 balance from just under $10k the month prior. Data is indicating the profile for approval shows usage (revolvers) not PIF.
August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 43 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fury1995 wrote:
I think the trick for Venture is to apply with higher balances reporting and indicate you often carry a balance. When I apped it was the day before 3 of my cards updated to $0 balance from just under $10k the month prior. Data is indicating the profile for approval shows usage (revolvers) not PIF.

I agree to that analysis....

Message 44 of 74
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

I was denied. I haven't received my letter yet, but I'm sure one reason may be because EX is frozen....can't find my pin lol

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 45 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

YMMV, plenty of people had EX frozen and still got approved.
Message 46 of 74
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Now I'd like to know how many of the denials were from people who actually had preapprovals from Capital Ones website?  That would be pretty interesting to see how many of those prequals actually were an approval and how many ended up in a denial.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 47 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wife was not prequal, I was.

We both got 10K@16.90%
Probably doesn't help though... Smiley Indifferent
Message 48 of 74
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Nixon wrote:
Wife was not prequal, I was.

We both got 10K@16.90%
Probably doesn't help though... Smiley Indifferent

That means your prequal actually was a success.  I'm sure there will always be cold apps that meet the criteria.  I'm just curious as to how many prequals actually became approvals.  Thanks Nixon.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 49 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

My pre-qual was a success too.

Message 50 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.