cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to proceed with credit report

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: How to proceed with credit report

Ok, sorry I guess I wasn't aware I was doing something wrong. Just looking for guidance. 

Message 11 of 16
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Gigantoraptor wrote:

ugh, Amex won't drop off until 2023. Stinkers. It went delinquent in 2014 and she paid it in full. I'll dig more into why it won't fall of until 2023. The delinquency was first reported on December 1, 2014. I thought that's the date from which the 7 years begin. Chase didn't cite that as a reason for the denial, just GAP, BR and Citi. 

It is if the account was never brought current. Did she go delinquent, then catch up, then go delinquent again sometime in 2016?

Last App: 8/24/2020
NFCU Secured Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 16
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Gigantoraptor wrote:

Digging a bit more, EX says the Citi account will drop Nov 2021, whereas TU says it'll drop 04/2021. Maybe I'll suggest she do goodwill with GAP and Banana and see if that gets any results with those accounts. I'd rather not cause her to do anything adverse if some stuff will drop off within the next year. 

The reason why you have 2 different removal dates is most likely Citi is reporting 2  different DoFD. If that is true, you have to check your records and decide which one is correct.  If TU is correct, then you can dispute EX claiming that the date is incorrect. WARNING.  If you dispute EX your FICO scores would probably drop as the Citi account would actively start reporting again.  You might get it removed early but there can be a cost

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>12/2020 CCT EX 821 TU 824 EQ 840
A dragon lives forever but not so little boys
Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys
One grey night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more
And puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar

Peter, Paul and Mary
Puff The Magic Dragon Jan 1st, 1963
Message 13 of 16
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@LaHossBoss wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Gigantoraptor wrote:

Digging a bit more, EX says the Citi account will drop Nov 2021, whereas TU says it'll drop 04/2021. Maybe I'll suggest she do goodwill with GAP and Banana and see if that gets any results with those accounts. I'd rather not cause her to do anything adverse if some stuff will drop off within the next year. 

I'm assuming you got those dates from official AnnualCreditReport.com reports? If so, then EX can be EE'd Oct 2021 (EX builds in 2 months of EE into that date, and they allow up to 3 months total of EE), and TU can be EE'd the month it says, 4/2021. I'd just hold off. Certainly don't dispute anything accurate, can't talk about that here and more importantly, it'll come back verified and bring her scores down as mentioned above.

Real quick, TU offers 6 months EE from "estimated date of removal", so 10/2021 and EX offers 3 months EE, but since 2 months are already built in to the "on record until" date, you can only call in and request it 1 month prior to that date.

I only say this, as me and my SO have done this recently.

Right, I know about EX. Perhaps I didn't explain very well. I meant they offer 3 months EE total, with 2 already included in their "estimated date of removal," thus only allowing for 1 month earlier than that date.

I was confused on TU; I thought their "on record until" date already reflected the 6 months EE for some reason. Smiley Frustrated

Last App: 8/24/2020
NFCU Secured Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 14 of 16
Highlighted
New Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Gigantoraptor wrote:

ugh, Amex won't drop off until 2023. Stinkers. It went delinquent in 2014 and she paid it in full. I'll dig more into why it won't fall of until 2023. The delinquency was first reported on December 1, 2014. I thought that's the date from which the 7 years begin. Chase didn't cite that as a reason for the denial, just GAP, BR and Citi. 

It is if the account was never brought current. Did she go delinquent, then catch up, then go delinquent again sometime in 2016?

She used a credit counseling company to help settle the account in full. I'm fuzzy on details since that was before we got married but I'm helping her figure this stuff out since it stresses her out a lot to do so alone. 

Message 15 of 16
Highlighted
New Contributor

We just contacted BR via their online chat and this is how it went...they never updated the removal of the late payment from earlier this year. They stated it would update end of this month and we confirmed that it would update with all three bureaus and they said yes. While we were at it, we requested a CLI and went from $2,500 to $3,800. 

So success out of our first try, with the added bonus of the CLI. 

Now to tackle goodwill with GAP, that card is closed so we'll send them letters. Sync is literally down the street from us, maybe we'll pay them a visit Smiley Very Happy just kidding

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.