Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I give up on Penfed!

@irunfromcredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am on the phone now. Let's see.

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes. 👍👍👍

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!

I got approved for the membership, woot woot and then he asked about checking account and I said I was interested in the rewards card, put in the application for that and I got approved for $5k.  I didn't want to push my luck on anything else so I think I will try to call tomorrow to get that raised. 

I am SOOO hoping I can get $14k with them so I can move my Citi over and with 0% I should have that paid off by the end of next year.

I am SO excited. Even if they don't give me any more credit I think between the $3500 BOA, the $5000 Penfed and the (if i can move my limits) $4800 Chase I will be fully covered for no interest for 12 months!!! 

Downside is this is my 5th card in the last 7 days. I hope that nobody freaks out and AA's me and I know my score will tank a bit as will my AAoA but really at this moment none of that matters to me as much as saving those $250 a month on interest!!! Once paid my scores will bounce back. 

Thanks to everyone here for nudging me along and getting over my phone shyness. I will report back tomorrow and see what they say for an increase. 

Do I just call up and say hi I would liek an increase? Any tips and pointers.  

Message 21 of 42
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@irunfromcredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!

I got approved for the membership, woot woot and then he asked about checking account and I said I was interested in the rewards card, put in the application for that and I got approved for $5k.  I didn't want to push my luck on anything else so I think I will try to call tomorrow to get that raised. 

I am SOOO hoping I can get $14k with them so I can move my Citi over and with 0% I should have that paid off by the end of next year.

I am SO excited. Even if they don't give me any more credit I think between the $3500 BOA, the $5000 Penfed and the (if i can move my limits) $4800 Chase I will be fully covered for no interest for 12 months!!! 

Downside is this is my 5th card in the last 7 days. I hope that nobody freaks out and AA's me and I know my score will tank a bit as will my AAoA but really at this moment none of that matters to me as much as saving those $250 a month on interest!!! Once paid my scores will bounce back. 

Thanks to everyone here for nudging me along and getting over my phone shyness. I will report back tomorrow and see what they say for an increase. 

See!  That wasn't so bad was it??? Congrats on the mbshp and cc approval.  

I called when I asked for a reconsideration on starting limit. 

So, what was the issue when you tried to join online??

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 22 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@irunfromcredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@irunfromcredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! and no it wasn't. I just really hate to call but it was well worth it.  How soon after you applied did you call for reconsideration?

I am now having a problem trying to setup my online account , sigh.

NOt sure, he looked up my social and saw no applications so I am assuming it was a glitch, on who's end , that I dont know.

Message 23 of 42
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@irunfromcredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@irunfromcredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! and no it wasn't. I just really hate to call but it was well worth it.  How soon after you applied did you call for reconsideration?

I am now having a problem trying to setup my online account , sigh.

NOt sure, he looked up my social and saw no applications so I am assuming it was a glitch, on who's end , that I dont know.

I actually waited a couple of days before I called. I came back here to read what others have done.  And it appears that folks called same day and others waited.  I would say do what you are comfortable with.  The only thing that matters is you're in!!!!!!!🙌🙌🙌

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding! Congratulations!

Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I sent an e-mail today and am calling tomorrow. It is totally nerve wracking. Good job! 

Message 26 of 42
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@irunfromcredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!  I'm glad you called.  You can ask for more whenver you feel comfortable...and don't be discouraged if they tell you they'd like to see some history...it's normal with them and often times they make good on their word a little ways down the road.  Also, keep an eye out for a survey that you may receive for them.  They can be golden when wanting additional products or a bump in your SL.  Good luck and congrats again!

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!

And Loquat, I will keep my eyes open.

Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations !!! 

So excited and happy for you !

Message 29 of 42
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Glad it worked out.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.