Did you mean: 

I think I went too fast? Chase Freedom

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: I think I went too fast? Chase Freedom

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

This is my first post.  I've been glued to this site for the last couple of days.  

First I will give my profile

EX 604   EQ  612   TU 614

BoA (secured)        $500  Limit   $46 owed        26 months old   perfect payments 

Cap One                  $750  Limit   $600 owed    18 months old  perfect payments

CreditOne                $550  Limit   $400 owed   17 months old  perfect payments

Express(Comendity)   $500    0

Cap 1  QS1          just approved for it on 12/20/2014.....$500 limit

Collections   medical    $178    from 07/12    

Collections   medical     $348   from  07/12

Well....I pulled my fico on 12/21  and saw my scores....read thru the site and I figured that I could get a Chase Freedom card, CK gave me the impression that my chances of approval were "Good"..    I applied at they said that I has a 7-10 review.   Yesterday, I attempted to PC the BoA to an unsecured card, I spoke to the CS and they denied me due to collections and credit utilization.   

My question is, what is the best way to go now?  I still have to wait to see what Chase actually says?  Do I not apply for anything else?  

I have about $1,000 available cash to put towards my debt.....do pay off the two collections and pay down one of my cards or apply the full amount to one or both of my outstanding cards?   Do I garden from here and not use cards and just pay down?

What about the inquiries?  How long do they remain on my credit report?  1 year?  

Any advice is helpful..thanks

Get your reports clean before applying for anything else. The last thing you should be doing right now is applying for more cards. Get those issues straighened out and do your best to get them off your report entirely and then have at it again in a few more months.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to get those collections paid for delete . If you get them off your report , your score would look much better . Paying them without getting them deleted wouldn't help your score . I suggest you head over to the "bouncing back" page and ask for help . There's some really knowlagble people over there that can give you the right advice on how to deal with the Med collections .
Message 12 of 16
xnxo
Contributor

I would recommend taking care of those collections. Try to contact the CA and get it paid for deletion. That will boost your score a ton... Wait a while before applying for another card.

BoA Cash Rewards $1.9k, Cap1 QS $1.1k, Amex ED $2k, Amex BCE $7.5k, Amex PRG: NPSL w/ Opt to Carry, Kohls $300, VS $2.8k, Paypal Credit $1.8K, Sears MC $4K, CareCredit $1k
12-6-13 EX FICO: 591
Current Score: EXP: 708 (FICO 1/2015) EQ: 740 (FICO 12/2014) TU: 750 (12/14/14 FAKO)
Goal score: 750 across by JAN 2018! Gardening as of AUG 21, 2017 - GOAL 12 MONTHS
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xnxo wrote:

I would recommend taking care of those collections. Try to contact the CA and get it paid for deletion. That will boost your score a ton... Wait a while before applying for another card.

Yeah, I actually did just that, I PFD'd the medical collections and they were removed from EX and EQ.  My scores jumped 54 and 84 points respectively.  I now stand at EX 667 and EQ 688 (both Fico 08).  Tu has not updated as of yet.  Later this month, my 4% utilization will appear on my reports, likely pushing over 700!

Message 14 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@xnxo wrote:

Yeah, I actually did just that, I PFD'd the medical collections and they were removed from EX and EQ.  My scores jumped 54 and 84 points respectively.  I now stand at EX 667 and EQ 688 (both Fico 08).  Tu has not updated as of yet.  Later this month, my 4% utilization will appear on my reports, likely pushing over 700!

Awesome job!  Now you will get it when they all report as paid!  Or removed actually

Message 15 of 16
joltdude
Senior Contributor

You jumped the gun... Might score the special 400$ chase if you recon...
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.