cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info on Amazon Synchrony Store Card CLI Process? Strategy?

tag
Jazee
Regular Contributor

Info on Amazon Synchrony Store Card CLI Process? Strategy?

I'm trying to quickly build my total available credit so when I carry a small balance on any of my cards my credit utilization percentage is lower.  I've only opened up one new CC in the last 10 years, the Amazon Store Card, $2600 limit, this was with my FICO scores in the 675-710 range depending on which reporting agency and credit utilization around 30%.  I also since got a pre-qual offer from Discover stating a reasonable rate at 12.99-15.99% rate. However I am holding out to go for the Chase Freedom, but I want to get my scores up a little more before applying.  (No Chase Prequal Offer when I filled out the form on their website yesterday.) Once I get my scores for all agencies to over 710 which basically means just decreasing my credit utilization, I'll apply for the Freedom and if denied go for the Discover Prequal Offer I got as backup.  (I like the Freedom Unlimited rewards *slightly* better than Discover It Rewards and I bank with Chase so would nice to be able to see my card along with my other Chase accounts on one website.)

I read that CLIs for Amazon Store Card are relatively easier than other cards and it's a soft pull not a hard pull.  Which agency(s) do they soft pull from and what would you suggest is a relatively reasonable request at the 4-month mark if my initial line was $2600 and FICO is at least 690 at all agencies?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Info on Amazon Synchrony Store Card CLI Process? Strategy?

@Jazee, Soft pull on TU

Hit the CLI button once you log on to the website where you manage your card.

Ask for $10,000.00 .. They will counter what they are willing to give you.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 8
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

I too was wondering about this.  Thanks for the info. 

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 3 of 8
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Go in to your local Chase branch and have a personal banker give you your pre-approval offers. They are far more accurate than what their website says! Plenty of stories about people getting approved for $20K CSR cards that didn't have any pre-approvals online. If you're interested in a Chase card, it's definitely worth your time. Good luck! Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 8
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@Jazee  They pull TU. You can ask as many times as you like, but every 3-4 months works for me. As @M_Smart007  stated, always ask for 10k+ and they will approve or counter if you are eligible for an increase. 

My scores were low 600s when I got the card SL $750 then CLD to $540 after my scores dropped and added a collection to my file. Two years later, I asked for 2500 and they gave me $1800 (I requested CLI every 30 days and was denied until 90 days) I asked for 10k they gave me $5k

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
Jazee
Regular Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Go in to your local Chase branch and have a personal banker give you your pre-approval offers. They are far more accurate than what their website says! Plenty of stories about people getting approved for $20K CSR cards that didn't have any pre-approvals online. If you're interested in a Chase card, it's definitely worth your time. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Very interesting!  I'll give it a shot and let you know how it turned out.

Message 6 of 8
RickNATL
Established Contributor

My advice; use the card consistently and every six months, go for CLI and give yourself a decent bump each time. The more you use, and the more you PIF, the better your CLIs...IMO

Message 7 of 8
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

If you go to a Chase branch to ask about your Amazon Sync card, they will be very confused, but maybe they will offer you something on one of their cards ...

The process is to log into the Sync Amazon site, then navigate to Services or something like that, choose the Increase My Credit Line option or words to that effect, type in the desired CL, your income and maybe your mortgage/rent payment (don't remember if they ask for that), click Submit, they will auto-respond instantly.

I have read here, but can't confirm, that this works up to $10K, and after that, you need to call Sync's "Credit Solutions" group. All I can say is that I have tried for a CLI past $10K via the site and am always denied, but I can't say for sure that's a web site limit or maybe it's just a regular denial. Good luck!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.