Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Amex Cli denial letters

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Interesting Amex Cli denial letters

Mine just continued to say "BK". Even though Im past their 5yr policy. Im hoping once Ive had my Biz cards for a year, I get a bump, and my EX score needs a bump as well, lol!

I imagine with a little gardening, some INQ/IIB's falling off, and new accounts aging to the magical 2 yr mark, that I'll get a bump at the 1 yr mark. (fingers crossed).

Sorry about your denialsSmiley Sad
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex always seems to find some interesting reasons to deny when they just dont feel like giving what you ask for lol

Message 12 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It's a very telling letter. Everyone on the site swears you need to PIF Amex every month. The letter shows they are ok with a balance as long as it doesn't extend past the threshold set by their algorithms in relation to your income.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The telling part for me, was when they started offering Revolvers. If they wanted to be PIF all the time, they'd have stayed with only Charge Cards. right? Especailly now that the're offering Pay over Time.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can’t get a CLI from AMEX either.  New card with a generous line was no problem until I hit 5 revolvers.  Now I want increases and I think the official AMEX response is “ LOL “ so I’m giving up.  

I still love ‘em!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.